i really need help on my guitar neck. my guitar neck is too sticky kinda its really hard to slide when doing solos. is there anything i can do to make it slideable. if i have to clean it what should i use that wont break it
Gets some 1000-1500 wet sand paper to smooth out the sticky-ness. Or wipe it down with 0000 steel cloth.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Play with it. It will break in eventually. if you can't for the life of you, go over with 1500 wet sand paper a few rounds, but keep in mind this will **** up your finish.
I dont know if it's a good thing, but I have the same problem with my guitars. My X2 has transparent finish on the neck. I removed it with a sandpaper(or how is it called) It helped a lot.
Search for 'neck sanding' or 'neck stripping'
Don't fap before you play guitar!
Kidding.

I've never had a problem with sticky necks. My Dean neck is very smooth an has a transparent stain. If it ever were to get stick, I'd probably polish it.

Use some pledge or some sort of wood polish. If its a lacquered neck (same color as the body), do what these other guys are saying...
Quote by ziggymidget
Play with it. It will break in eventually. if you can't for the life of you, go over with 1500 wet sand paper a few rounds, but keep in mind this will **** up your finish.

I've had the same problem and i was told that if you dry wipe it after every time you play it, it wont happen, but if you just keep playing it, will it eventually break in?
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Do you mean fretboard or neck?

If it's your fretboard, you need lem-oil.

If it's your neck, 0000 steel wood works wonders, but lowers value :P
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

schecter neck backs are like this.

you can use one of those plastic scrubbing pads too.

like said, it'll lower the guitar's resale, but make the guitar more playable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Don't fap before you play guitar!
Kidding.

i always fap before playing. its like, warming up your strumming wrist. builds up your stamina. =P

the "stickyness" is the clear coat finish. go with the 1500 wet sandpaper. or try wiping it down good with a damp cloth for a while and see if that helps. try not to ruin the finish before trying other things.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan