Well, I've been looking for a new bass amp. And this is one that really took my eye. However, as you'll see in the link, it isn't available until October, which is a bit of a downer tbh.

So I was wondering, what other Bass amps would give me the same sort of results as the Orange for about the same price and level?

I found this which would be a good bargain, and I have a Laney guitar amp and know them to be alright. But would this be in the same quality range as the Orange, or should I get another?

P.S - I could possibly go for the 35w version of the Orange, but would it be able to compete with a drummer, especially an annoyingly loud one?

Thanks

EDIT: I have a Fender 70s Jazz Bass Reissue if it helps
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Last edited by cam_sampbell at Aug 29, 2009,
*Bump*
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
from what i know, about 150/200 should be enough to compete with drummers
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
150/200w? Would I really need that much? I would have thought the 65w would be enough.

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I don't know, I can comete with a drummer on a 50W Peavey amp. If you're gigging, it has to be mic'ed though
It depends. If your drummer is very loud and hard hitting, then get at least 150 watts to be on the safe side. But if he's light to the touch, you could probably get away with a little less.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
http://guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_amps_detail.asp?stock=06020811230419

this would be more the Laney you would be looking for its in the range that your gonna need to cut through might need Mic'd though but for the extra £20 if you can afford it you can get a 300W laney which would have no problems cutting through whatsoever :P
Dunno what your budget is though

300w Laney RB8:
http://guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_amps_detail.asp?stock=06020811484119

i have the RB1 and its a good bit of kit durable build,i love mines to bits and best of all its a British brand :P which was one thing that pushed me into buying it after and after jamming on a guitar amp made by laney at my mates i knew it would be a good bit of kit.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Hmm... I'm on a bit of a tight budget tbh, I'd say £270 would have to be a last resort

I was thinking perhaps I could scrape by with a Fender Rumble 100 B-Stock here. Would that be any good?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
No. Do not get a B stock amp, if it is what I think it is. Which is a defective factory one that they fixed. Take a look at 100W Kustoms, if you can find one. They come in a 210 and a 115. Computer's too slow for me to check the price right now. I do jazz gigs ith a 50w 110, and occasionally a 16w 110

edit: That Laney RB8 is in your budget, with a price of 269 :P That's a safe bet, I think
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Aug 30, 2009,
Fair enough, and I think that the Kustom is a bit expensive.

And well, a normal Fender Rumble 100 is only £25 more. Should I get that? Considering that most of the time it'll kept in my bedroom, which is pretty small.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I figured as much about the kustom. In America they're about $500? I've heard that the rumbles aren't so great, but the next model up, the bassman, is really good.
Yeah the Bassmans do look quite good, but again, out of my price range
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Go for a used ashdown combo, thats 180w(ish) for around 200 pounds.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I'd go for the Laney or the EB you're going to want to use that whole budget.

Sorry about not checking prices earlier, my grandma only recently upgraded from dial up, so her computer's still not too great
I might go for that EB, but I would be seriously skint after

Or perhaps I might get this seeing as it's only £150. Also, my singer says he's off to buy some sort of P.A System, so I could perhaps just hook it up to that if it isn't loud enough.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15