Hello guys its me, everyones favorite lil evil miniom, GIRbot
OK dont think this is a troll thread
I just bought an automatic tunner (actually, I did it last night) for guitar
fender auto chromatic tuner lx-12 (I supposed it was good, since it was the most expensive one in the store)

well the thing it that it has resulted to be a true mean machine, and I mean that this thing could not have been created by a regular bad guy, not even by the thing from skyfree (the white monster who ate you in 2 bites when you exceed the 2000miles)

well to begin with, the first one I bought had a BROKEN screen, and the batteries (which were still sealed) were DISCHARGED
so I went back to the store, changed it, I try it, everything OK
but I get home, ready for tunning the guitar, and I find out that the battery was also discharged!
so I went bought another battery, ok now we are cool
but now, im stuck!
this thing...I dont know...seem to come from outer space!
I mean, my brother in law has an electric tunner, and is really simple to understand, its the plain old A E D G B E display and the needle putting where the pitch is closing to.

well this one has an AUTO and MANUAL tunning mode
the AUTO, is like the one I mentionated, the needle signals the note that the pitch is closed to
or apparently, because
I play the 6th string, and is totally flat, yet the machine says I need to LOOSE IT A BIT!
and also, when it's on auto, you cant pick which string you are trying to tune (yeah I know, thats why they call it "auto")
but I dont think that theres a technology that can tell which string is even when its not tunned.
in other words, when Im tunning it, the machine encircles a letter (which is apparently telling me thats the string im tunning, and you cant change the circle unless you are in manual mode) and tells me if I need to tight, or loose a string a bit.

on manual mode, which seemed to be more -effective-
the machine encircles the string you want to tune, and you press a button to go switching the string you are tunning.
but it's just ultra weird,

well, here's the display on the screen (dots are included)

C . D . EF . G . A. B

ok so it says that apparently, the 6th string is the G, because when you encircle the -for example- C letter, and you play the 6th string, it doesnt tells you anything, the thing just tells me if I need to loose or tighten if I have the G circled (for the 6th string)
every string needs to be on a different letter or the machine wont tell me what to do
but I mean! YOU CAN EVEN ENCIRCLE THE DOTS! WHAT DOES THAT MEANS?
AND IF THE 6TH STRING IS APPARENTLY THE G, THEN HOW DO I KNOW WHERE ARE THE OTHER ONES?
not only that, but it says that string 2 is the dot left side of the D, and the 1st string, guess what? also appears in the same dot, as if they would be the same thing
well I continued on manual, and I tuned it apparently how I was supposed to do it
(playing a string on every letter until I got the "loose or tighten" signal, relying on the fact that that was probably the string) I tunned them until they got green.
and BUM, sounds like a dying moose!!!

heres a pic of the tunner

and heres a pic of my guitar

I would just like for someone to explain how the hell do I use this thing, and what does every letter stands for, cuz, seriously, I dont remember that "C" and a dot were a string
and why does it thinks that the 2nd string is the same as the 1st?
Apesto en el ingles como tu apestas en español
well the dots are probably the sharp notes (the dot between F and G being F# - F sharp) and there's no dot between E and F because E# doesn't exist. but i don't know why they're all there... i mean, it's a guitar tuner, and guitars don't seem to have a C string unless downtuned
get a pitchpipe
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
--------------------------------------------
My avatar is a tree.
What BOPAWholewheat said really, this seems to be to 'good' to be simple.
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Need a new amp so much D:
Orange Stack or Marshall JCM 2000 Stack please.
It's a chromatic tuner. And the dots represent sharps/flats.

If you play a note into it, it will tell you what that note is. If you played your first string into it, if it's in tune it should say it's an E. However if it is badly out of tune it will say, for example, D.

It tells you the note you are playing, not what the string should be.

Hope that helps.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
you know I would like to get USEFULL RESPONSES
not anything saying "return it and get another" or "get a pitch pipe"
hippie guy, I still dont know what every letter stands for
I mean...which string is C?
which is D, EF, g, a, b???

edit:
sampy, that helped a lot.
now I would really love to know if, the others letters mean the string on the classic tab reading?
I mean, does the A stands for the 5th string? (even when its not located on the 5th place on the tunner)
and if the dot is on the left, does it means its the, for example, E flat, and on the right, Esharp?
Last edited by GIRbot99 at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by DVBAS
I see your guitar is a stagg,... my condolences.

lol it's a good guitar
I really hope this is a troll. Otherwise, I've lost the small shred of faith I had left in human intelligence.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I really hope this is a troll. Otherwise, I've lost the small shred of faith I had left in human intelligence.

If you're talking about me, then sorry, you just lost your faith

A lot of people I know also agree on the fact that stagg is as bad as ... well, as bad as stagg.

They are frequently seen as the worst guitars available in my area.
Quote by DVBAS
If you're talking about me, then sorry, you just lost your faith

A lot of people I know also agree on the fact that stagg is as bad as ... well, as bad as stagg.

They are frequently seen as the worst guitars available in my area.

Not you...

Quote by GIRbot99
I would just like for someone to explain how the hell do I use this thing, and what does every letter stands for, cuz, seriously, I dont remember that "C" and a dot were a string
and why does it thinks that the 2nd string is the same as the 1st?

This.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

reported for flaming me.
Oh noes.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Not you...

This.

oh, sorry, my bad

Now I've read that quote and I've seen that guitar, I'm starting to ask myself the same question
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Oh noes.

know you probably wont give a damm about getting 30 days banned (yeah thats the smallest penalty on this forums, even on your first warning) from this place, but still...
Ok
Let's assume you're in standard tuning.

The bottom string is supposed to be an E.
If it is horribly out of tune on your guitar however it might actually sound like a D. If you hit the 'E' string and the tuner says that it hears a 'D' then you need to tension up the string till the tuner says that it is an E.

Do this with every string. Should be simple
dammit man so hard to get a nice response?
ok stop saying "go and buy a pitch pipe"
or stuff like that! if you dont know the answer, then dont post
im just looking for help
Errr. Manual mode.

Change to the note you want to tune to. C is a note. So, for the sixth string, select the E, then tune. Wash rinse repeat across the strings.

So, encircle the E, then tune. Simple as pie and I've never seen this tuner. For each string move to the proper note.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

The letters on the tuner don't represent strings, they represent the different notes.

Like I said just tune your E string till it's actually the note 'E'
Quote by Toxc
Ok
Let's assume you're in standard tuning.

The bottom string is supposed to be an E.
If it is horribly out of tune on your guitar however it might actually sound like a D. If you hit the 'E' string and the tuner says that it hears a 'D' then you need to tension up the string till the tuner says that it is an E.

Do this with every string. Should be simple

yeah, I was doing nice...until...
well, the first string, I couldn't make it reach the E, it was already about to explode from the tension.
so I leave it on the dot at the left side of the E (which is supposed to be Eflat)
yes I adjusted until it got over the dot and the light got green
well on the next one I had a hard time, it's apparently the B (which is located at far right in the tunner) when I make it reach the B, it was way too loosed, I tight it up, but once its tight, I cant make it reach the B, it's gonna blew from the tension!
so I leaved at B, even though it was sounding really flat
I proceed with the 3rd string, apparently the G.
ok I managed to tune it, it was sounding right, cept for the 2nd string :S
but I cant tight it up, cuz its get way too much tension
then I moved to 4th, apparently D, and same case, then I gave up :s

edit

ok ok 1 question
1 SIMPLE question

so

E is the lowest string? (1st string)
B is the second string?
G is the third?
D is the 4th?
A is the 5th?
C is the 6th?

like that?
cuz some guy up there said the E was the 6th string, but on the tunner instruction manual says "for example, E is the lowest guitar string" (it doesnt say anything else, just says that E is the lowest string, but doesnt say "and C is the 6th string " and since they are scrambled....)
Last edited by GIRbot99 at Aug 29, 2009,
Ok, there are 12 different notes: A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#.

That tuner obviously only represents natural notes, or A, B, C, D, E, F, G.

A guitar is tuned to (from low to high)- E, A, D, G, B, E.

When the needle points center, it is the natural note, not sharp or flat. IF it's off center, it's sharp (to the right) or flat (to the left).

Got it?

Now, **** can that ****ing thing and buy a Korg Pitchblack or a Planet Waves chromatic pedal tuner.
Last edited by imgooley at Aug 29, 2009,

edit: this also applies for electrical guitar.

There are different tunings out there, but don't mind those just yet. Just go with that for now.
Quote by imgooley

That tuner obviously only represents natural notes, or A, B, C, D, E, F.

When the needle points center, it is the natural note, not sharp or flat. IF it's off center, it's sharp (to the right) or flat (to the left).

Got it?

Now, **** can that ****ing thing and buy a Korg Pitchblack or a Planet Waves chromatic pedal tuner.

from UG I learned this. from "how to read a tab" lesson

EDDIE-6th string
ATE-5th string
DYNAMITE 4th string
GOOD 3rd string
BYE 2nd string
eddie 1st string

in other words, capital E represents the 6th string and the "e" represents the first

but since you say, that from low to high is

E, A, D, G, B, E

then you're saying that the E is the 1st string and the A is the 2nd?

I mean...wth!
"from low to high" I can understand is from the LOWEST PART OF THE GUITAR TO THE HIGHEST
Quote by GIRbot99

ok ok 1 question
1 SIMPLE question

so

E is the lowest string? (1st string)
B is the second string?
G is the third?
D is the 4th?
A is the 5th?
C is the 6th?

like that?
cuz some guy up there said the E was the 6th string, but on the tunner instruction manual says "for example, E is the lowest guitar string" (it doesnt say anything else, just says that E is the lowest string, but doesnt say "and C is the 6th string " and since they are scrambled....)

Well, from lowest to highest...

it's
E
A
D
G
B
E

So E is both the lowest and the highest string.

EDIT: Lowest to highest means the lowest pitched string (the thickest) to the highest pitched (the thinnest).
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by imgooley

That tuner obviously only represents natural notes, or A, B, C, D, E, F.

Got it?

goolz

Quote by GIRbot99
from UG I learned this. from "how to read a tab" lesson

EDDIE-6th string
ATE-5th string
DYNAMITE 4th string
GOOD 3rd string
BYE 2nd string
eddie 1st string

in other words, capital E represents the 6th string and the "e" represents the first

but since you say, that from low to high is

E, A, D, G, B, E

then you're saying that the E is the 1st string and the A is the 2nd?

I mean...wth!
"from low to high" I can understand is from the LOWEST PART OF THE GUITAR TO THE HIGHEST
You do under stand that by low I mean strings with a note that is a lower pitch than the other.

I.E. the sixth string is the LOW E and the 1st string is a HIGH E. They're the same note, just 2 octaves apart.
i am afraid i must agree with bubb tubbs here, i get also get '30 days suspension' for saying that this is rediculously stupid, and you need to figure this out yourself instead of asking other people, then so be it.

but seriously man, empower yourself. this is like saying someone can't leave their house cuz no one will show them how to get dressed. if you extend the effort of at least knowing what standard and alternate guitar tunings are and the basics of the musical alphabet, then i might be able to take this seriously.

people stop posting on this, make this kid learn to dress himself

haul me to jail for flaming, 30 days in purgatory
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by gumbilicious
i am afraid i must agree with bubb tubbs here, i get also get '30 days suspension' for saying that this is rediculously stupid, and you need to figure this out yourself instead of asking other people, then so be it.

but seriously man, empower yourself. this is like saying someone can't leave their house cuz no one will show them how to get dressed. if you extend the effort of at least knowing what standard and alternate guitar tunings are and the basics of the musical alphabet, then i might be able to take this seriously.

haul me to jail for flaming, 30 days in purgatory

So you didn't grew up with people (parents) who thought you all the basics of life?

For all we know he just picked up his first guitar and hasn't got a clue on all that stuff
Quote by Toxc
So you didn't grew up with people (parents) who thought you all the basics of life?

For all we know he just picked up his first guitar and hasn't got a clue on all that stuff

exactly.
not only that, but I havent played guitar for years, I already forgot most of it.
and not to mention Im from latinamerica, guitar lessons here, including the "musical alphabet" are completly different from your's

for example, if they show me a list of chords, made by an american guy, I dont know what the hell is he talking about!
if they show me one made by spanish speaking people, I understand it!

for example, here, we get teached chords like "DO, Do, Fa, FA, LA, La"
while for you, theres like "E, A, D"
and im like "wtf!"

but yeah, people calling me idiot cuz I dont know much about guitars are just...ignorant...