JACKSON
i got mine for my birthday and i love it too bits ive played a gibson v and i hated it you could go for the RR24 if you have enough then you wont have to change the pick ups i dont think
I really dont want a floating bridge. My first guitar was an Ibanez with a floating bridge and that really put me off playing guitar. I had bolt the bridge to the body which kinda ruined the guitar. Can you recomend some pickups?
Personally, i'd get the jackson.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by 00mirshahia
I really dont want a floating bridge. My first guitar was an Ibanez with a floating bridge and that really put me off playing guitar. I had bolt the bridge to the body which kinda ruined the guitar. Can you recomend some pickups?

EMG 81 and 85, or Seymour Duncan Blackouts.
What styles do you play? The Jackson has high output pickups so it's suited to metal and heavy rock but practically NOTHING ELSE. Errm...i've never even heard of the body wood so i couldn't vouch for it's quality. The Epi has more level pickups so is a bit more versatile. It's body wood is mediocre at best. Very heavy, thats all i know about it from play a Korina Explorer but the tone is half decent, good for the price though.

Of the two, i'd personally pick the Epi for it's pickups but if you play Metal and Heavy Rock ALOT and don't want anything else then get the Jackson.
Well i play metal and rock. And for the pick ups i'm looking for something which makes a good squeal when i play pick harmonics.. well so far jackson is winning the vote.
Quote by Baby Joel
Jackson with BareKnuckle Painkillers.

THIS^^^

But only if ALL you want is BR00TALZ. Seriously, you won't coax much else out of it no matter what amp or anything. So, assuming you're relatively new to guitar, you will almost definitely mature in the time you own this guitar and will become interested in Jazz, Blues and more soft stuff like that. Just a warning. Really, i'd recommend a Les Paul or SG of almost any kind. Good versatility out of both types.
well i have been playing guitar for a year with my Ibanez s370. The ibanez I find doesnt sound nice for metal, and i want a new guitar aswell =D
With that amp neither will matter, and you'll be wasting your money on a useless upgrade.
You need more than a SS modeling amp in order to really get the sound of the pickups.

And please, don't triple post.
Okay, this might sound like bandwaggoning but it truly isn't. Your amp, it's bad. Considering it's SS a pickup change (or even a whole guitar) will sound next to no different. I'd recommend getting a new amp first. A nice Valve one, maybe a Valveking, or if you're in the US get a B-52
Ok I will get a new amp, is there any cheaper alternative? like a pedal of some sort? and still which pickup should i get anyway.. Seymour blackouts or the BareKnuckle Painkillers
A pedal could solve the problem. I've always been pushy towards the spider giving a more unique sound when using a pedal of sorts.

The distortions in my RP50 are way better than the presets in my Spider. I've tweaked those distortions to the best of my ability... they are hopeless...
OK. the distortion is hopeless on the spider. So which pedal would other people recommend for crushing metal riffs. RP50 which r0ckth3d34n said?

and still which pick ups?!
Quote by 00mirshahia
OK. the distortion is hopeless on the spider. So which pedal would other people recommend for crushing metal riffs. RP50 which r0ckth3d34n said?

and still which pick ups?!

You seem a little overwhelmed. A new amp would be pretty nice. It will change everything for the better. Whats your current guitar?
Quote by 00mirshahia
An ibanez s370

Do you absolutely hate it?

And whats your budget btw
Your guitar is fine, get a new amp.

I suggest a used valveking, a B-52, or a blackheart.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

300 maybe 400 pounds. Sort off i find it hard playing the high notes on the guitar. detunes very quickly, crackling sound with the tone nob. pickups on the guitar aren't really what i want for metal. Its fine playing any other stuff, but when playing metal it seem to not preform as well as i want it to. etc. I would like a new guitar. preferably a v.
Last edited by 00mirshahia at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by 00mirshahia
300 maybe 400 pounds. Sort off i find it hard playing the high notes on the guitar. detunes very quickly, crackling with the tone nob. pickups on the guitar aren't really what i want for metal. Its fine playing any other stuff, but when playing metal it seem to not preform as well as i want it to. etc. I would like a new guitar. preferably a v.

Set up the Trem properly

Buy a soldering gun and a pot and you're done.

Spider is not what you want for metal, pickups will be entirely cosmetical.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I dont want a trem I have suffered with a trem for long enough. And still i dont know how to describe it but the wood part next to the neck of the guitar where why hand is playing is in the way....
Quote by 00mirshahia
I dont want a trem I have suffered with a trem for long enough. And still i dont know how to describe it but the wood part next to the neck of the guitar where why hand is playing is in the way....

I honestly love my trem, I see no problems with it, I can set one up in under an hour with new strings, new tuning, and intonation, it's not too hard.

And you could always block the trem...

I also played that js30rr, and it had horrible fret access, I was only easily able to hit 20.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

I have read loads of reviews of the Jackson and they are all mostly positive except where the jack socket it. And what pickups?

I would like a V- which the frets are easily accesible and the jackson js30rr looks pretty brutal. How was the guitar only easily able to hit 20? explain please
Quote by 00mirshahia
I have read loads of reviews of the Jackson and they are all mostly positive except where the jack socket it. And what pickups?

I would like a V- which the frets are easily accesible and the jackson js30rr looks pretty brutal. How was the guitar only easily able to hit 20? explain please

Pickups will not change your tone much, you are playing through a ****ty amp which only makes ****ty sounds, good pickups + bad amps = ****.

It's like putting super unleaded in a junker, it's not going to help much.

However, if you get a good amp, and decent pickups, it will sound good, not like crap.

As for the fret access, the heel on the neck was massive, and it prevented me from hitting anything above 20 without horrible wrist curve.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

Which pedals and which pickups...Which amp. might get a 15 wat amp then i dont want to spend to much
Quote by 00mirshahia
Which pedals and which pickups...Which amp. might get a 15 wat amp then i dont want to spend to much

I believe I already recommended a Peavy Valveking, a B-52, or a Blackheart.

They all will be loud, and are about $400 us dollars each, so you'll have a bit of money left over.

Seriously though, pickups will help tone, but it's not as much as you would think, it's going to sound different, but it's not going to be an extreme jump in quality.

Pickups in a cheaply made guitar, I would suggest EMG's, as they make pretty similar tones in all woods.

If you get a really nice guitar, I downright suggest passives, such as Bare Knuckles, as they help bring out the tone of the wood, not just the pickups.

But honestly, amp is most of tone, then the guitar, then pickups, so a guitar isn't as much of an improvement.

Hope I helped!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

Cant i just use a pedal, if not then... that really sucks... Are Seymour better than emgs, i find seymours have better tone. So if i do get the Jackson what pickups would you recommend? Or an alternative v-shaped guitar?
Quote by 00mirshahia
Cant i just use a pedal, if not then... that really sucks... Are Seymour better than emgs, i find seymours have better tone. So if i do get the Jackson what pickups would you recommend? Or an alternative v-shaped guitar?

A pedal will be a small step up, but honestly not very much, so I still recommend a tube amp.

You can get a cheaper one (I think Crate makes a cheap one for about $100 US? I think the tone is decent, but you would need an eq pedal with it)

Depending on the wood of your guitar, your style, and the type of amp used, Duncans may have a better tone. EMG's tend to make a "metal" sound, while passives really bring out the wood and quality in your guitar. I would personally recommend EMG's for the jackson, but if it's a nice piece of alder, then BKP's or SD's would be better.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.