Are they as good as people say they are? Do they really compare with Gibson and PRS? I'm looking at the California Single (Custom model.. obviously).
It'l work out to around £1300. Is it worth looking into or not?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Do it. And yes they do match up to the quality of PRS and exceed the copy of most modern Gibsons (especially considering the price). Custom shop instruments are almost always of a higher quality than production line, and Carvins are all custom shop.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
"£1300?" You're in England?

If so...maybe not. As long as you're in the states, their value pretty much can not be beat. I'm not sure about it if you're over the pond. It'll almost definitely match up to Gibson and PRS in terms of quality - but how much are you paying, total? Including shipping? It may not be worth it.
Yes they are that good. Do it, you won't regret it. I've got a DC127 that's my main guitar, and my next guitar will be a CS4. Amazing instruments and far better than anything else near their price range.
I'll look into them.. I'm sure about everything I want on it besides the finish as of yet.

Quote by Flying Couch
"£1300?" You're in England?

If so...maybe not. As long as you're in the states, their value pretty much can not be beat. I'm not sure about it if you're over the pond. It'll almost definitely match up to Gibson and PRS in terms of quality - but how much are you paying, total? Including shipping? It may not be worth it.

Yeah, i'm an English Kid. They have a specifically worldwide site as well as a States site.
Also, how do the Carvin amps fair?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Aug 30, 2009,
I'd do it although it isnt as good a deal as in the US, and most of their amps are pretty darn tasty too
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I'd look at shipping charges, man. Shipping overseas ain't cheap - to the point that it might not be that great a deal anymore.

Their amps are interesting. The V3 is an awesome metal amp. But Carvins in general have extraordinary clean channels - that's where they really shine.

Damn it. People need to stop making Carvin threads. I get it in my head that I won't settle for a Carvin, I'll just find a nice Gibson, then someone mentions them and I'm all like "zomg Carvin CS4."
I have a Custom shop Carvin DC747. I love it. After a pickup swap, it's great. Quality and craftsmanship is outstanding.
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
Quote by Vauxite
Are they as good as people say they are? Do they really compare with Gibson and PRS? I'm looking at the California Single (Custom model.. obviously).
It'l work out to around £1300. Is it worth looking into or not?

wut?

Get a Patrick Eggle.