Listen to some grunge type stuff.. I wouldn't exactly know what to recommend though..
Generally, I think a lot of guitarists use way to much distortion, and it actually gives them a crappy tone (take a look at Spider III's for example). But I suppose you could use it in some way, to create a wall of (ugly) noise. Try getting feedback ith your guitar, that's been used numerous times..
Quote by RDSElite
Listen to some grunge type stuff.. I wouldn't exactly know what to recommend though..
Generally, I think a lot of guitarists use way to much distortion, and it actually gives them a crappy tone (take a look at Spider III's for example). But I suppose you could use it in some way, to create a wall of (ugly) noise. Try getting feedback ith your guitar, that's been used numerous times..

I use Spiders and I like them.But I'm looking for more of a Weird sound like a Tom Morello (?) type thing.

And to RiffOfTheBeast a buzz is when your guitar has too low of an action (strings are too low as in touching the fret) or the fret is too high
Fret Buzz?
I've found it sounds interesting with a chorus effect on the 12th fret.
Quote by carnagereap666
???????????????????????????????

(I know how much you guys hate DPing but whatever)

I don't think you'll find anyone around here that can tell you something that'll sound good out of guitar buzz. If you want to try, go ahead, you'll (probably) have fun trying to invent something out of it, but I wouldn't expect anything amazing out of it.
With our lives based on the hope for salvation
The humanist paradigm is nothing but a charade
Condemned to inertia: a passive race
We wait and contemplate

hmm I haven't really used it as a real technique, but if you take your pick, and put it under the string and pull up, and release, the string will "pop" against the frets making a pretty cool pingy sound. It sounds cool mostly on the lower strings, the higher strings just sound annoying.
Last edited by zincabopataurio at Aug 30, 2009,
Most of the people on here would want their guitar to be set up properly when they play. Some like to experiment with it a bit, but for the most part, don't expect too much help with fret buzz techniques.

As far as Morello goes, get a crybaby, a whammy pedal, a delay pedal, a volume pedal, and a flanger.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Well.My guitar is setup but my 16th and 18th and 19th frets have a buzz.I could just rub the fret until it breaks down and gets thinner but that would take a long time.

I have a wah-wah and a distortion pedal,But I have A spider III and they have 6 settings and 400 presets.Like a helicopter setting and such.I'll try some experiencing with a Wah-Wah.