I am using an Ibanez RG 350MDX and I am looking for a new amp in the £400 price range. I am looking for a good overdrive channel for Indie Rock and a little bit of Metal, as well as the versitility of a decent blues tone. However, I value the cleans the most and need an excellent clean tone.

I was considering getting the half stack of a Fender FM100 and it's corresponding cab, but I haven't heard too good things about it's overdrive. However, I may be buying my friends old floor POD if that would compensate for the drive problem.

Thanks
Take advantage you Brit, go for a good used Marshall deal. JCM800 combo if you do metal occasionally, but if not go for a JCM900 combo.

There's the Peavey Classic 30 but if you're at home 30W tube might be a little loud.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
I've never really dealt with second hand before, how would I go about doing it and what sort of price am I looking at for a Marshall JCM 900? I looked it up on YouTube and it sounds gorgeous, but the internet says to me it's a wee bit over budget.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Aug 29, 2009,
Wow looks like I have a new favourite poster :p

That link to the JCM900 looks good, but it is just a head - will I have to buy a cab as well? The Carvins look good too but I would much prefer buy it now to bidding.
Quote by A Rock Bassist
I've never really dealt with second hand before, how would I go about doing it and what sort of price am I looking at for a Marshall JCM 900? I looked it up on YouTube and it sounds gorgeous, but the internet says to me it's a wee bit over budget.

You need to find the right deal. Once you find it, message the guy, ask questions of it's condition, age, possibly even serial number if he has it, and ask for pics. If he/she has pics, get more. If you see any really bad dings you can possibly convince the owner to lower the price.

Don't worry about getting dooped, a lot of people on here go used, and it's rare anyone rants of a gip.

If you can't go for a Marshall, the Windsor recommendation before is also good. The ValveKing is okay, save it for a last resort. DON'T buy the Frontman. Especially for the overdrive. Cleans are passable, that's about it for that amp, at least from my experience with it.

EDIT: Yes you will need to buy a cab with a head, cheap ones with good quality are Avatar, you'll have to decide whether you want a 1x12, 2x12, or 4x12.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Last edited by ZeroCS at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by A Rock Bassist

Pretty much, check eBay & see if your local guitar shops are selling any equipment for people, then you can get the heads pretty cheap
Don't bother with that Fender. It is absolute gash. For that price, you could get a Laney VC30. It will cover most of what you need perfectly. For Metal, I suppose you could get a Digitech Bad Monkey to boost the drive channel. The best part? All yours for under £400. go for it, you won't be dissapointed.

As well as this, buying used is a great option as there are much more possibilities.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARSHALL-JCM900-DUAL-REVERB-100-WATT-VALVE-TUBE-AMP_W0QQitemZ150368335295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item2302a6b5bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 seems like a safe bet, a lot of thanks to all of you guys. Considering the ridiculous retail price it won't matter if I have to save a little longer for a cab - I doubt I'll get a better deal than this one easy. I'll ring and check I aint getting duped tomorrow.

Again thanks to y'all, lets hope none of this goes to ****.
TS, a spanner in the works...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Line-6-Flextone-III-PLUS_W0QQitemZ250489329847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item3a5253d8b7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The most versatile there, as good at bedroom as it is at any other level, and for that price, under £250 deliviered...

Add this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Line-6-FBV-Shortboard-MK-II-USB-Pedal-NEW_W0QQitemZ310164702286QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item483741c44e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 and for £30 over budget, a great giggable/recordable/practice amp

As for a cab if you go with a head...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm £153 delivered, with V30's in it..

More amps!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIWATT-HI-GAIN-50-WATT-HEAD_W0QQitemZ310163250200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item48372b9c18&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 Over budget by £50 and would need to buy that cab, so would come in, so £200 over budget, but worth saving for.. Fantastic combination of drive and cleans..
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Aug 29, 2009,