Hey guys. I'm looking a to buy a compression pedal and want to know what the best one is?

I've heard great things about the ISP Decimator (my first choice) but when I went to my local guitar shop today, the guy said the Boss NS3 is the best one.

What's your opinion on these/other ones? looking to spend around £80 maximum

I use both humbucking guitars and single coil equipped guitars if that helps.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You fucked up.
I can't believe you had the nerve to do that.

Get the hell off my forum!

Quote by Doppelgänger
Wait, did you use protection? Because that'd be funny if you got your cousin knocked up.
you mean noise suppressor ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
The ISP Decimator, and the NS-3 are both gates/noise suppressors. Totally different beast than compression.

And that guy must get commission off the Boss, because it's not better than the ISP, not to me anyway.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
The ISP Decimator, and the NS-3 are both gates/noise suppressors. Totally different beast than compression.

That's what I meant sorry. I've always called them that
Quote by Retro Rocker
You fucked up.

Quote by Doppelgänger
Wait, did you use protection? Because that'd be funny if you got your cousin knocked up.
The CS3 isn't very good at all. I've got one with less than 5 min use and it has an expensive upgrade by CMATMODS and I still don't like it. If you want it for 80 quid to spend you are more than welcome to it.

I'm kind of a compressor junkie and I find that my favorite overall compressor is the TC-X by guyatone (sp???) but it's noisy and discontinued so it's not for everybody. Number 2 on my list is the sigma comp by CMATMODS, the same guys I had modify my CS-3, it's a very bright pedal, but it's also very quiet and with the tone set low its a great pedal to increase sustain and bring out midrange.

Edit: With my mind in compressor mode I didn't even realize that your question wasn't really about compressors at all. I don't have a lot of experience with noise gates so I'll just keep my mouth shut on that one.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Aug 29, 2009,
the ns2 is not the best noisegate

its good and it is much cheaper than the decimator, but in terms of pure noise reduction, the decimator wins

go get the decimator
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Yeah the Decimator is defiantly my Number 1 Choice. I just needed to know if there were any better ones. Whats the Uk RRP for the ISP does anyone know?
Quote by Retro Rocker
You fucked up.

Quote by Doppelgänger