Hey, I got this guitar for my birthday today and chose it based on advice from this forum and I LOVE IT It feels really good, sounds really good and looks sexeh! I didnt think id get such a massive improvement in tone with all the things on this forum saying tone is 95% amp but i guess i had a really bad guitar before XD Thanks for helping me pick such an awesome guitar guys <3! Also, could I ask for a little help with the bridge, i followed the steps in the sticky to tune it, and i changed the tuning from e standard to dropped c, im using the same gauge strings that came on the guitar, and im not sure if the bridge is too far into the guitar or not, so I took some pics. Its very nearly level but i think its dipping slightly in, so I need to remove a spring or something? Or is it not enough to be worried about? And also, how can I tell whether the fine tuners are in the "middle position", the bridge is an edge zero and I cant really tell. Also, the guitar is an rg2550z (and its lavly ).

PRESTIGE FTW!

I forget how much that one in particular costs, it's the only Ibanez that I'm currently interested in.

Happy Birthday, and HNGD!
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Dude that thing is sweet!
Happy bday!!

stuff
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez JS100 with Dimarzios
Digitech RP350
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
Peavey TKO 115
Awesome, I love the finish! HNGD, and Happy Birthday!!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Nice guitar man, hope its treats you well
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Thanks guys and willy, dont worry, I will :> If anyone has any advice as to my bridge problem I'd love to hear
Congrats. Welcome to the RG2550Z club. I have the white one. They're amazing guitars. As for the bridge. I never actually look at it to make sure it's level. I pull up and pull down on the trem and see if it falls back into the slots on the ZPS. If it does, you're fine. And mine wasn't exactly returning back to perfect pitch. But I opened up the back and noticed they had padding behind the trem block and in the ZPS grooves. I figured that this was affecting the stability because it wouldn't return to the same spot depending on how I used the trem. I took them out and it always goes back to tune now. I also noticed an increase in sustain and tone.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Congrats. Welcome to the RG2550Z club. I have the white one. They're amazing guitars. As for the bridge. I never actually look at it to make sure it's level. I pull up and pull down on the trem and see if it falls back into the slots on the ZPS. If it does, you're fine. And mine wasn't exactly returning back to perfect pitch. But I opened up the back and noticed they had padding behind the trem block and in the ZPS grooves. I figured that this was affecting the stability because it wouldn't return to the same spot depending on how I used the trem. I took them out and it always goes back to tune now. I also noticed an increase in sustain and tone.

I'm curious as to how you didn't connect the dots between the 'bridge not completely level'-part and the 'bridge not returning to pitchl'-part. It's like 1+1=2.

In my book, if you're going to have a guitar with a floating bridge system, at least make sure it's working as it's designed to work; Specially with a rather expensive bit of kit as the 2550's, you don't want to settle with anything less than pure quality, do you?
The bridge was level, but the padding was stopping it from sitting in the ZPS grooves properly everytime. There were slight variations everytime I used it. I was getting perfect stability in full-floating mode but I didn't like that much because bends were affected. Once I took the padding out, it always returned to the grooves in the exact same way. It's better to go by feel rather than look with the Edge Zero. There's a huge range where it'll be level. But at certain points, you lose stability. You can't see it visually since it'll still be level, but you can feel it.
Sexy

Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

ibanez's are great. HNGD!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Happy B-Day Very nice I love the color and the inlays. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

John
hngd

i think the white version looks nicer but it`s a very cool guitar, and there`s too much reflection in the photo of the bridge to tell if it`s level....
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 30, 2009,
s3xy inlays
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
nice choice buddy got mine about a year ago and its the perfect piece of kit for guitar playing this side of twangy country. heard a lot of bitching about the pups but i think they work just fine happy birthday too
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Swannie
Dude that thing is sweet!
Happy bday!!

stuff
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez JS100 with Dimarzios
Digitech RP350
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
Peavey TKO 115

get a sig
That thing is sexual, HNGD
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Quote by Lollage123
get a sig

I thought the same thing.

HNGD bro. Ibanez guitars are the shizz
Nice inlays dude, those are sick, guitar looks awesome, HNGD
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Keep that guitar forever; and get more. You can never have too many RGs.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Keep that guitar forever; and get more. You can never have too many RGs.

HNGD!

So true. It's a problem. Once I got my Wizard Prestige neck, nothing feels nearly as good. I think I'm stuck with Ibanez for life. Unfortunately, they don't have many choices. I have an RG, next is a FR. Then maybe an SV.