http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtvVKPRV1eE
0:20
His screaming has like the effect of a crappy mic that clips really bad.

or w/e. lol I was wondering how to get that effect without having to buy anything. By using some sort of effects.

Tips?
btw, sorry that the video has anime on it. I couldnt find the song anywhere else.
Quote by reelbigfish2020
sounds like screaming into a crappy mic would do the trick

I believe I said, "lol I was wondering how to get that effect without having to buy anything." Plus w/ effects.

But thanks anyways.
Quote by CrazyTy
I believe I said, "lol I was wondering how to get that effect without having to buy anything." Plus w/ effects.

But thanks anyways.

add a bit o distortion and take out alot of the bass, and increase the treble or mids. thats my guess, it gives kind of a megaphone effect.
I don't know for sure but to me it sounds like there is a little bit of reverb and that the levels are peaked. like as if who ever recorded it didn't know what clipping is.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
Just a slightly overdriven mic. Quite honestly, there's not that much processing on that - you just need a singer who is able to scream. I'd use a 'tube overdrive' VST like RubyTube to add a bit of grit, then heavily compress it and strip out the lower-mid frequencies.
It's like the singer just swallowed the mic and tried to shout while it was still stuck in his throat....
BTW, I think a little overdrive on the mic, and a really slight reverb might do the trick.