A few years ago, I had a band with some friends called 'The Sick Men of Europe'. www.myspace.com/thesickmenofeuropereturn - and on Cheap Trick's new CD, they have a song called 'Sick Man Of Europe'. Do we have a case against them? Could we get an autograph or something out of all this? :P We formed the band in early 2007, and it says they recorded their album in 2008-2009.

PS - Is there any number or something we could use to contact them about this? Even if we can't do anything about it, it would still be cool to talk to them. :P
if it's just the name i dont think you have a case
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
think how many different songs are called one
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
You don't have anything. Many bands have named themselves or a song of theirs after another band or that band's song
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
what you have to ask yourself is, what are the chances they've heard of your band.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by CBNJ
So you're saying anyone can take a song name and just make it plural or singular, and that isn't frowned upon?

It was a joke, just as this thread is a joke. Your band is some random unheard of band. I doubt Cheap Trick have ever heard of you, and I doubt any judge will give a crap.

Plenty of people name themselves or their songs after another band or song. Take a look at Opeth. Half of their song and album names are taken from other songs/bands/albums.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
You have no case. Sick man of europe was the name of their band before they changed it to cheap trick.
Quote by StanleyClimbfal
You have no case. Sick man of europe was the name of their band before they changed it to cheap trick.

+1

That was THEIR name waaaay back in the Seventies. No case at all..
Does it offend you, yeah?