hey title pretty much says it but im running into a few problems, i got the progression layed out and everything but im trying to fit a solo into there but i can seem to get the right chord to ease into my solo.

Im using an E natural minor progression and E minor pentatonic for the solo. I can post my written version for a reference if you need it.

EDIT- apparently its for my protection , ps thanks for the warning man
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Aug 29, 2009,
Power chords are just the root and fifth (which is the same for both minor and major triads) so you can use them in a minor chord progression bu they aren't major or minor.
ooooooooh, u gonna get into poo for saying that last line bass-man (even though it was typed in pure innocence)... hmmm... what if you used the same progression for your bridge to solo over instead of making a new one. Unless you don't have a bridge...
Last edited by evolucian at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by evolucian
ooooooooh, u gonna get into poo for saying that last line bass-man (even though it was typed in pure innocence)... hmmm... what if you used the same progression for your bridge to solo over instead of making a new one. Unless you don't have a bridge...

thats what im trying to work with, i need to get the right chords for the bridge cuz its not going nicely, if it comes down to it i might just have write another solo but i dont want to go that far

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
but always remember the solo has to suit the song, not the other way around!
well, what are your chords for your verse and chorus... maybe i can help you out
alright, its mostly in arpeggios but i got (also the order they're in)

Em- 0-2-2-0-0-0
Bm- x-2-4-4-3-2
Am- x-0-2-2-1-0
C- x-3-2-0-1-0

EDIT- figured i'd add this in case someone gets confused, im planning on using more chords than that but these are the chords that are actually used in the song itself at the moment

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Aug 29, 2009,
keep the same progression just do some different variations? maybe if you end on C and go into solo...try for a sadder sounding C chord?
speaking strictly based on theory, the chord that would create the most tension (assuming the chord progression under your solo starts with an E minor chord) is a B major.

It's fairly typical to take the fifth chord of a minor scale and play it as a major chord instead of minor. It creates a lot of tension and resolves very well to E minor.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by KTHXBAI
Isnt E minor the same as E natural minor? Sorry

well as far as i know there's E natural, harmonic and medlodic minors

thanks for the advice guys, im starting to think that i might do the C arpeggio, strum the full chord and go with distortion like in Absolution- Megadeth

its all still up in the air but i'll take what you all said into consideration.

and to evolucion the Em is technically the intro then the Bm and Am are like an extention of some sort to add to the feel i guess, i could put up what i have on my profile so u know what im talking about i you want

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
alright she should be up tomarrow cuz i dont want to do it now , actually i'll message you when i have it up

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated