Anybody know a good place to get gold 3-way selectors with a black rubber cap for a decent price?

Most sites are wanting around $25 for one, which is half of what I paid for my Grover tuners and, in my opinion, is totally ridiculous.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
what kind of selector? blade or gibson style?

EDIT: http://store.guitarfetish.com/usastlespato2.html

I don't think people make gold blade switches...
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Aug 29, 2009,
I get most of my archtop restoration parts from an eBay guitar parts store Bezdez. They're in Canada, but they combine shipping costs on items, fair prices, large selection of items, good parts.
They might have what you're looking for. That's where I get mine. Good luck.
probably guitar fetish or warmoth.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by apak
what kind of selector? blade or gibson style?

EDIT: http://store.guitarfetish.com/usastlespato2.html

I don't think people make gold blade switches...

My sig should be able to tell you that...

Gibson style.

Quote by Guitbuilder
I get most of my archtop restoration parts from an eBay guitar parts store Bezdez. They're in Canada, but they combine shipping costs on items, fair prices, large selection of items, good parts.
They might have what you're looking for. That's where I get mine. Good luck.

I'm in Canada as well so this might work better for me. I'll check it out.

I've already scoped out Warmoth and didn't like their international shipping too much for single items.

Edit:

Guitarfetish wants $45 shipping on a $19 purchase just because it's an hour north of the border. What a bunch of criminals.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 30, 2009,
^ Being an electrician and maintaining my own equipment, I realize the importance of getting good material for electronics and have no problem with paying a higher amount for a quality switch I'm not going to have to replace in 3 months. Incidentally, I laughed quite a bit seeing a gold stopbar for less than $10 there, when a decent Grover is almost $60.

My beef is with the ridiculous shipping costs the online dealers seem to want to charge. I'm exploring the option of having a $30 Allparts switch shipped to a friend in the US and then bubble enveloped to here marked as a gift.

Edit: the switch you've shown is quite a bit longer than the stock Gibson one I have. Is there any way to determine the length? The cavity is only 1 3/8" deep.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 30, 2009,
^thank you bro, I'm gonna have to use that switch next time instead of paying $10 for a 3 way
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by David Collins
That could be the deal breaker. I know they make the long and right angle Switchcrafts in gold, but I don't know if they have the short ones. You could of course get the gold nut and washer for a standard switch, but you'd still have the compromise of the plain steel or nickel shaft and collar. I'll measure them when I go to the shop later, as I know the long switches fit in a standard Les Paul, but they wouldn't fit in something like an SG (though the right angle switch does work there).

And of course there's shipping. It seems like there should be plenty of sources in Canada who stock enough Allparts inventory and make large enough orders, so as to make the shipping costs insignificant to the store. I don't know any offhand of course, and I could be entirely wrong. Or they may inflate the price above what is appropriate, simply because they can, as competition of you buying from US dealers ends up priced so high after small order shipping costs that they can afford to pad the bill a bit and still come out cheaper (comparatively anyway).

I wish I had a better answer, but I may be wrong. I'm located about an hour from Windsor, and have a lot of Canadian customers come over to my shop, so maybe the market is steeper over there than I would have expected.

I used to have a bunch of photographs of the various switch styles dissected to clearly show their qualities and flaws, but couldn't find them when I looked this morning. Oh well, I'm sure you get the idea.

Good luck in your search, and go with Switchcraft if at all possible.

Thanks for the help. I'll check back tomorrow to see what the verdict on the length is.

It may still fit in the cavity since the short Gibson switch is taking up only 2/3 of the space available.