We just finished some semi decent recordings in my drummers basement. Have a look and tell me what you think!

www.myspace.com/seasofrefuge

Thanks out for checking us out!

-Jordan
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Really diggin the music. pretty good quality but it could be better (not that i can talk lol). Vocals sound alright, but for some reason something tells me your vocalists voice sounds so much better live. overall good feel. i really liked Development Objectives. It would be really cool to get some backup harmonies on some of these songs i think if you guys could pull it off.

Crit My Band? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186499

EDIT: Oh my god the intro on Words Well Spoken is awesome, definitely my favorite song of the four
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Last edited by MattsRichardson at Aug 30, 2009,
Thanks for taking a look! I'm no recording engineer, but I do know more than everyone else in my band so it was really up to me to record, mix and tweak everything. I thought the drums would be the hardest to record and mix but it was definitely the vocals. The singing was done kind of rushed, since my singer was going away to college we had to get this done pretty fast, but thanks for the review
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
Pretty good. For some reason it made me think of metal and easy listening kind of music at the same time. It reminded me of Leviathan-era Mastodon until the vocals came in. I didn't like the vocals though. They sounded like Luke Skywalker singing through his nose.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Aug 30, 2009,
I get a very heavy progressive Coheed and Cambria-feel from your music. I really like it, too. The instrumental tracks are amazing. The vocals could honestly be better but they're still pretty good. I get the feeling they're probably much better live haha. I added you on MySpace.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Ibanez TB100H
Peavey 5150 4x12 Cabinet
MXR M-108 10-Band Graphic EQ
Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor

My band, Rest Your Case:
facebook.com/restyourcase
Thank you so much for checking us out it really means a lot to us! The vocals were pretty rushed, we were pressed for time and I suppose it doesn't help that I was using very cheap equipment. Our bassist had the best voice out of our group , so when we couldn't find a singer he just sort of became it.

My singer/bassist is off in college now, but this is just the beginning for us. Me and my drummer will continue to write and hopefully we'll have another four songs out by the holidays with much better quality.

This is us playing Words Well Spoken live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XB-iVikVQ

Us covering Too Many Puppies by Primus for a fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgxn1z29bU&feature=channel_page

I'll put up the other videos of us playing Development Objectives and The Arms of Sorrow by Killswitch Engage soon.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme
pretty good stuff, recordings could be cleaner, but everything sounds good in the mix. Vocals could be a little stronger, but time will help that. You guys got a really good sound going.

If you could check out my band, I just put 2 new track up that I recorded and mixed in my basement.
Thanks for all the love guys! I never would have thought that people would like our little basement band, it's a nice feeling.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

/killme