Poll: Has a game ever hit you emotionally?
Poll Options
View poll results: Has a game ever hit you emotionally?
No, you are a geek.
59 11%
No, but some games have sucked me in.
107 20%
Yes, to some extent.
291 55%
I was a crying mess.
60 11%
Other(?)
12 2%
Voters: 529.
Page 1 of 8
So today i got through Brothers in arms: Hells highway, and i must say, some parts are actually pretty sad, even though the script is fairly cliched, it is still quite emotionally taxing in parts, i have played the first one on the original xbox, but i didn't really get sucked into it, i think its because i rented it so only had it for three days.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I sometimes get bummed out when a character I like dies, but no not sad.

inb4 FF nerds start crying about Aeris or whatever her name is.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
When I got all the way to the Water Temple, but fucked up the water levels and couldn't reset them.

I never had the heart again to go that far
In Oot, after you beat the Forest Temple, and you talk to Mido, he says some heavy stuff. Don't know why, but that nearly brought me to tears.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Shenmue 2

the fact that it ended... the games was so ****ing amazing... then it ended... then I cried
Shadow of the Colossus. It made you sad AND feel like a dick for killing innocent monsters for the sake of finishing a game.
Ibanez RG350MDX
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
DR Tite-fits(Only because High-Beams sell too fast for me to buy them)
Carvin X212B
The poll looks like a br00talz eq pedal. Sideways.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Last edited by sw1ss023 at Aug 29, 2009,
Quote by Lots O' FX
I sometimes get bummed out when a character I like dies, but no not sad.

inb4 FF nerds start crying about Aeris or whatever her name is.

Well i wasn't reduced to tears or anything, but it kind of made me sad like how Saving Private Ryan or Band Of Brothers did (although i challenge anyone not to shed a tear in the episode of BOB called "Why we fight", thats some heavy ****.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by blue_strat
When I got all the way to the Water Temple, but fucked up the water levels and couldn't reset them.

I never had the heart again to go that far

Thank god I'm not the only one who has been through this.
I got kinda bummed out when Gaz died in CoD4. I wasn't a crying mess or anything, but I still got kind of sad...
MGS4 had a great plot that really interested me... but my emotions do not rely upon video games....
Of course Aeris, it was so unexpected.

And when KOTOR ended. I wanted more. (Even though it was already like 20+ hours long, I just loved that game too much)
at the end of dead space when after all isaac did to find his girl friend she turns out to be a zombie mutant thing and kills him as he's looking at a picture of her. i nearly chucked the controller at the tv in shear anger and sadness
PEACE LOVE DRUGS
Last edited by HORSE ASSASSIN at Aug 29, 2009,
COD4's ending
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Yes. Tales of Symphonia when the girl that Lloyd likes has to die. I haven't played in a while so I don't remember her name.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Quote by MRavioli
Shadow of the Colossus. It made you sad AND feel like a dick for killing innocent monsters for the sake of finishing a game.

And every Zelda. OoT especially. And MM....And TP.

And Ace Combat: Shattered Skies.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by DrPants PhD

And when KOTOR ended. I wanted more. (Even though it was already like 20+ hours long, I just loved that game too much)

Totally agree there!!!
I loved that game!!!!!
Well, Golden Sun I and II.

Some sad parts in the story. Also, the songs there are really good, and they transmit a lot of feeling, so I think I got sad in several parts while playing it.

But never cried or something.
Shadow of the Colossus was tragic.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Yeah, at the end of KH and KH2.
Dunno why though
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by SpockTheRock
Yes. Tales of Symphonia when the girl that Lloyd likes has to die. I haven't played in a while so I don't remember her name.

Yeah, that is pretty sad but Lloyd was kind of annoying so he deserved it.
If a game has a storyline that I think is really good, and there's a really emotional part or a sad ending, yeah, I'll feel it a bit.

No, I have not played any of the FF games or kingdom hearts.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
If a game has a storyline that I think is really good, and there's a really emotional part or a sad ending, yeah, I'll feel it a bit.

No, I have not played any of the FF games or kingdom hearts.

I never played the KH sequels, but the ending of the first one...

RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Gears of War 2, when Dom shoots his wife pretty emotional
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Kingdom hearts 1 made me a little sad..at the end when Sora and Kairi were separated. I know a girl who actualy cried at that part.