I was thinking of getting one. If you own one, please share opinions and btw could it play a tiny gig if mic'd?

Thanks
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P.)

"I'd much rather be home playing my guitar"
-Eddie Van Halen
I don't own one, but my teach has one and I can tell that it's a great amp, and it will do gigs if mic'd
Played the AC30 in college, and it has a great range of sounds from metal to blues to beautiful cleans. Mic'd up, it'll do the job
I own a AC15CC1. It's a great amp for clean to to hair metal (boosted) you will not get metal out of this amp. it'll be more than sufficient mic'd for just about anything I've played 2-300 person gigs with it mic'd and it's fine. un mic'd it'll do fun under 100.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I have it and I love it. I run a modded TS9 as my OD and I can get great classic rock, blues, and any other tone really. The other day i was jamming and tuned to drop D and still got a pretty good metal tone out of it (not super high gain but it was a nice distinguishable tone)

I would definitely recommend the amp to anyone, I love mine. I haven't played live with it but I jammed out with it and I cranked it quite a bit to be heard amongst drums and everything else and it sounded good but you might want to mic it or even get a boost pedal for gigs.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah
I was going to get the AC15 before I dropped more than twice the amount of cash on my Maz 38. The ended up getting the Maz because it was the only amp I played that I liked more than the AC15. I still want to get one as a practice amp down the road because I love the sound. Its a great amp, more reliable than the AC30 from what I've heard, lighter to carry than the 30, the trem is good and the reverb is usable enough. Like I said I'd love to still get one someday, but I proably wouldnt fork out the extra $300 for the Alnico Blue Speaker. it sounded great with the regular Wharfdale.

and yes you can gig with it mic'd. you can get with 1-5 watt amps if you mic'd them
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Spank you all
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P.)

"I'd much rather be home playing my guitar"
-Eddie Van Halen
I have one, it's great.

However, don't mistake it for a smaller AC30. It's not.
An AC15 won't have so much gain, so for high-gain stuff you probably need a pedal...Which brings me to some mods, that I heard you should do (haven't had time to do it myself, though).

http://www.guitarpug.com/2008/06/vox-ac15cc-mod-guide/
Basically:
Bright Cap Mod
Tone Cut Mod
Standard/Custom EQ setting

You might also want to replace the reverb tank.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by lilfid12
I was thinking of getting one. If you own one, please share opinions and btw could it play a tiny gig if mic'd?

Thanks

It'll do a fairly large gig without being mic'd actually.

Great little amp, though the current reissues are decidedly poor. See if you can find an older one on eBay/craigslist etc.