well. ive been playing guitar for awile now and I used to be able to think of some pretty cool stuff and i mean im not a newbie. I play a lot of metal songs like lamb of god killswitch emgage blessthefall bullet for my valentine metallica stuff like that and I can play it fluently but ive just hit a roadblock with my creativity and it seems like I cant think of any new stuff to play that sounds good

any suggetions to help me with this roadblock?

has this happpened to you guys?
Learning to use punctuation really held me back.

Seriously though, try learning song's by "Protest The Hero", "Architechts" or "Botch". Same type of music you listen to, just more difficult to play.

Or take up jazz
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
it happens, don't try so hard, just play and jam, if you don't get any cool riffs, well you don't, don't get upset about it. You may end up making up a cool riff or something. But the big thing when I'm going through writers block is just remembering not to force anything.
think of good/cathy riff in your head, and then use your ear to figure it out on your guitar....i think you should definitely try to learn other styles though. they open up so many doors to being more creative
take a break.

im a shoddy writer, but ive found whenever i do come up with something i like, its always after ive had a break from "trying" to write something. it just comes out of no where next time i pick up the guitar and start jamming.
Quote by Guitar247
think of good/cathy riff in your head, and then use your ear to figure it out on your guitar....i think you should definitely try to learn other styles though. they open up so many doors to being more creative

like wat other tpes? ive listed what I listen to. But I refuse to listen to country and rap lol
Quote by freedomdeceptiv
stop playing bfmv and play cannibal corpse

he wants to get better, not practice chugging =P

But to overcome most roadblocks, you just need to try new things, and challenge yourself.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.