Hey UG was wondering if there's anyone out there using a non tube rig for live performance, and if you are what are you using. My other guitar player has a tube rig and it's loud. Need something to keep up with him in the rehearsal room also. Any suggestions would be appreciated
He is very loud, and you want to keep up with him by not using tubes...?
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Yes I'm sick of tube amps been having to use them since 83 unreliable finicky pos. Anyway back in the day you could do this with a peavey rockmaster and a SS power amp and a bbe sm. But there arent any rockmasters to be found and if you do find em the circuts are old and prone to failure. So if you know of any good preamps processors ect that would do the job let me know thanks
Oh ok. Most people do that the other way. You looking for just a SS amp then?
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by shredrick
Yes I'm sick of tube amps been having to use them since 83 unreliable finicky pos. Anyway back in the day you could do this with a peavey rockmaster and a SS power amp and a bbe sm. But there arent any rockmasters to be found and if you do find em the circuts are old and prone to failure. So if you know of any good preamps processors ect that would do the job let me know thanks

What tube amps have you used?

Most people have very few problems, if any at all.

Why do you think the pros are all using tube amps?
What's your budget and style? I guess the Axe FX and a Yamaha P2500s with a set of good speakers would work. I can't say how good the Axe FX is for real though, I've just been recommended them before.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Roland Jazz Chorus.
I've used a Line6 Axsys212 (100w in stereo) and it help up well against a 300w or 400w (I forget which) bass rig, and a 50w Marshall 2x12 combo. They may be hard to find, so you might want to invest in a used Line6 Vetta. A Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120 would also work, but you need pedals to get a decent distortion out of it (I suggest Visual Sounds Jeckyl & Hyde, a Muff variant, or a Proco Rat).
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp