I've been looking at a Peavey Vypyr 30w. Does anyone know if it has digital sounding distortion? And would there be anything better I could get for the price? I play high gain stuff like Protest the Hero and then some quieter stuff like Radiohead. Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

vypyrs = beast i would go biger though i got a 75 watt vypyr and it is like a jet
I played a 30W Vypyr at my local store a couple weeks ago, I really enjoyed it, very versatile amp. With a bit of tinkering me and my friend got pretty much everything out of it. Probably the best you can do in your price range unless you find a used Combo going for dirt cheap.
My mate has one, real nice amp for the price.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
that or a cube...the vyper has more features and is analog
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Not a fan of the Vyper series, I find them quite overrated imo. Most of the settings are really buzzy and not pleasing at all. I encourage you to either save up more or to try to find something used. If not, the Vyper is probably your best bet.....

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
Not a fan of the Vyper series, I find them quite overrated imo. Most of the settings are really buzzy and not pleasing at all. I encourage you to either save up more or to try to find something used. If not, the Vyper is probably your best bet.....

I agree but disagree, saving up is good, but u aren't gonna get much till u get around $600, and the the Vypyr series aren't overrated, it just soudns better than most of the amps in the price range, part of the reason is the distortion is analog, not digital, and the hum/buz can easily be fixed with a noise gate, i use one and my Peavey Vypyr 75watt sounds great. But if u can, save up, get something used, if not, save up $50 and get he 75 watt version, its good for the money
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah