Page 1 of 2
So, today at work I managed to cut my left index finger on the last digit right after the knuckle, with a box cutter, and It was pretty deep.

I went to the hospital and because of it's position, it needed three stitches. Oh, and I suppose the fact that you could see my bone helped to. After I was all stitched up, I had to get a tetanus shot unfortunately, and this one hurt a lot more than normal.

After all was said and done, the doc said to take it easy on my finger, and he said "No guitar until the stitches are out," which will unfortunately be anywhere from 7-10 days

I tried to play anyways, and it hurt like a mother. It even hurts when I'm typing this, lol. Because of a simple mistake, many of my favorite things I now cannot do. Play guitar, "activities" with the GF, play WoW, fap...

Sad, I know Any ideas on what I can do until the stitches are out?
Use your other hand to fap

EDIT: ^ he said it
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
^+1
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
I'm sorry you were born with only one hand.

Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by SMB13
So, today at work I managed to cut my left index finger on the last digit right after the knuckle, with a box cutter, and It was pretty deep.

I went to the hospital and because of it's position, it needed three stitches. Oh, and I suppose the fact that you could see my bone helped to. After I was all stitched up, I had to get a tetanus shot unfortunately, and this one hurt a lot more than normal.

After all was said and done, the doc said to take it easy on my finger, and he said "No guitar until the stitches are out," which will unfortunately be anywhere from 7-10 days

I tried to play anyways, and it hurt like a mother. It even hurts when I'm typing this, lol. Because of a simple mistake, many of my favorite things I now cannot do. Play guitar, "activities" with the GF, play WoW, fap...

Back the **** up, WoW?
Quote by lol2theworld
Back the **** up, WoW?

world of warcraft.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
damn man i'm sorry, that **** ****ing sucks. that's one of my worst fears. i think you should study theory until your stitches are out. it's definetly not a waste of time and the knowledge will greatly help your guitar playing.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
damn man i'm sorry, that **** ****ing sucks. that's one of my worst fears. i think you should study theory until your stitches are out. it's definetly not a waste of time and the knowledge will greatly help your guitar playing.

I've been studying theory a lot lately, so yeah, thats probably what I'll do lol.

And at MAB
you could learn to play a mean slide guitar.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fenderhippie69

I've actually always been interested in that, but have no idea what to do
Quote by Fenderhippie69

That's actually a pretty good idea.
Quote by Fenderhippie69

I was gonna say this, start out with aint no rest for the wicked, freebird intro, and ballad of curtis loew. those are some easy ones thatll give you different types of slide playing
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
its quiet fun. just put your guitar is open G or something and figure out where the scales and chords are.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Aerokizzombie
I was gonna say this, start out with aint no rest for the wicked, freebird intro, and ballad of curtis loew. those are some easy ones thatll give you different types of slide playing

So basically you just strum and as it says in the name, slide from fret to fret as tabbed out?

Like I said, no idea
Quote by SMB13
So basically you just strum and as it says in the name, slide from fret to fret as tabbed out?

Like I said, no idea

yeah, just get or make a slide and dick around for a couple hours and youll start getting it (just like you learned to play with your fingers
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Heh, it's probably been far longer than 10 days since I last picked up my guitar.

When I sprained my wrist I took it as an opportunity to relax and not feel like I should be practicing (guitar and piano) every spare moment. It's pretty freeing. You'll probably be fine, just find something else to do, like study up theory.
Quote by due 07
Fap.

Oh wait...

EDIT: Fap with the OTHER hand! .

Girlfriend could do it for him.
Quote by Aerokizzombie
yeah, just get or make a slide and dick around for a couple hours and youll start getting it (just like you learned to play with your fingers

Thanks man, I'ma try that out tomorrow!

Quote by xaviergray
Heh, it's probably been far longer than 10 days since I last picked up my guitar.

When I sprained my wrist I took it as an opportunity to relax and not feel like I should be practicing (guitar and piano) every spare moment. It's pretty freeing. You'll probably be fine, just find something else to do, like study up theory.

I take break anyways. This is one is just unfortunate And I've been studying theory a lot recently actually. It all works out! kinda

Quote by Toolfan11
Girlfriend could do it for him.

Quote by Fenderhippie69
its quiet fun. just put your guitar is open G or something and figure out where the scales and chords are.

Or he could do it Duane Allmann style and play in standard.
Try playing without that finger. Or just write a ****load of music on Guitar pro or something.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Try playing without that finger. Or just write a ****load of music on Guitar pro or something.

If I do though, I'll most likely start a bad habit. Just like I did when I first started playing and I could only down pick. Alternate picking was a bitch toget into after a year of nothing but down picking

And that's actually a really good idea...
Quote by CaptDin
Learn to play left handed so you can do this.

DO IT! If you learned how to do it properly, youd be a God among men on UG!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by due 07
Fap.

Oh wait...

EDIT: Fap with the OTHER hand! .

Stranger in the room.

And op. 7-10 days isn't bad. Go play g- oooooh.

No. but seriously. 10 days isn't bad. In fact, it's quite quick from what you described tbh.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger

No. but seriously. 10 days isn't bad. In fact, it's quite quick from what you described tbh.

Hah, yeah, that's what I thought. It's only about 1/2-1/3 inch long, but you could see the bone, so yeah... Not too pleasant

The doc said I could've gone with 1 stitch, but because of the location and how much it will be bending, I needed 3
Nothing else matters only requires one hand. Good luck.
DeVillains!
Quote by metal_al73
read a book

whats a "book"?
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

play with a slide add a bit of reverb and u got a sick tone or as people already said do freebird
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
play with a slide add a bit of reverb and u got a sick tone or as people already said do freebird

Hehe... "Play Freebird!"

"Are you stupid??"

From Adam D at a Killswitch concert

As for books, I've actually been reading The Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost
Quote by SMB13

i giggled
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
It's really not that big of deal, I smashed my elbow to **** and was out of commission for three months without playing.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

Quote by Polarisfan_12
It's really not that big of deal, I smashed my elbow to **** and was out of commission for three months without playing.

That sucks man
Page 1 of 2