Hello, I have an Ibanez Tone Blaster Extreme 150 watt combo amp, the head portion of the combo has an output on it, that the built in speakers get connected to. Im able to disconnect the built in speakers from the head, just by removing this cable. I dont really feel like buying the head only version of that same amp, and I know I can just hook up a half stack through that output and simply not use the built in speakers, but my question is: If I wanted to use the built in speakers and another cab, would it be possible to hook up an A/B box or a cable splitter and hook up both the external cab and the internal speakers, or would that make it lose wattage/power?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by YesterdaysToday
you loSt me at hello...
im not that techy...
But you could try asking a local guitar shop

....slut?

Anyways. In the end a speaker is a speaker. If you make sure the wattage and everything aligns up with everything correctly, you should be able to do it.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
basically, what I am asking is if I use an A/B box to split an amp output into 2 speakers, will it lose power?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
No it wont cut your power depending on how you ran your speakers. Your worry would be the impedance. You would have to have a cab with the same impedance as your onboard speakers. But running them in parallel would halve the impedance, if it was set up for 4 ohm load and you were running 2 ohm you would probably fry the amp. If you ran em in series it would double the impedance which would cut your volume w a SS amp.