Yep. Build up confidence, accuracy and finger strength, and then you can just wail away.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Yeah, with enough practice and accuracy for sure.

I like finger picking on the acoustic, its fun somtimes.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Part of the beauty of electric guitar is that if it's not loud enough, turn it up! LOL

Seriously, it matters so very little on an electric guitar when you can just turn up the volume knob. If that's not enough, get a louder amp.

I don't think you'll see much of a problem, in the long run, when it comes to dynamic range. You should have ample room from softest to loudest for anything you need, and that's what really matters. Would be a good thing to work on, of course. Particularly if you're one of those people that inspired my sig line.
"Whaddya mean DYNAMICS?! I'm playing as loud as I can!"
yeah remember that especially on electric, volume is all relative. as long as you can control loud/soft well with your fingers, you should be fine. get one that goes to 11 :p
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by Grep
Part of the beauty of electric guitar is that if it's not loud enough, turn it up! LOL

Seriously, it matters so very little on an electric guitar when you can just turn up the volume knob. If that's not enough, get a louder amp.

I don't think you'll see much of a problem, in the long run, when it comes to dynamic range. You should have ample room from softest to loudest for anything you need, and that's what really matters. Would be a good thing to work on, of course. Particularly if you're one of those people that inspired my sig line.

Hmm, I disagree with you on the turning up comment. You'll get an entirely different sound from actually making it loud unplugged and having to make it loud using technology.
However, I'm rubbish at finger picking so I'm not sure what the desired technique is.
Finger picking on guitar is similar to finger picking on bass.

at first you want to pull up on the strings to get your fingers used to the motions of finger picking.

Then you want to start pushing them downward, towards the pickups and letting the strings pop off your fingers. After getting use to this, you can hear that it is significantly louder than just pulling the strings upwards
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410