Hi, I'm planning on getting a Cherry Red Schecter Avenger. I play mainly rock and metal, play some blues too.

Recently I played on my friend's Syn custom and I love the playability of it and everything, but I never played an an Avenger before so I would like to know if anyone has both that could distinguish them and tell me if they "feel" the same in craftmenship wise or of any advise of it. I noticed that Syn's has an ebony fret board and a regular avenger doesn't, I heard that ebony fret board makes the playability smoother and that could be why I love how it feels, thanks to any posts really trying to find my one guitar
they are pretty sweet but if u have the money a jackson would be better in terms of quality, sound and reliability.
Yea I tried some out, but I've already decided on this schecter and I would like to find out if the playability is the same from the both
The Syn custom is a good guitar. Plays nice and everything... It's essentially a signature guitar. And yes, the ebony fretboard feels great.

If you like the custom so much, I suggest to you the Standard. $300 cheaper. BUT over both of them, I'd suggest a real Avenger.
Ok cool, and Yea I agree about your theory on the jumbo frets and I never was into the habit of playing a guitar that mainly is used by the artist, hence why I would like the Red cherry avenger, something original. But yea.

Also I wanted to mention when I tremilo or do any type of picking I feel I could play more faster on Syn, probably cuz it has a floyed rose, now I could be rong about this but I say this cuz I have a CFH Dean guitar that obviously comes with a floyd rose and it feels the same.

I also have a standard Les Paul Epiphone and I strum fine, but feel slightly less flexible with my strums. But Idk, any theory? cuz An avenger doesn't have floyde rose and I don't want a floyed rosed guitar
Yea I hear you, So far I've played with the other schecters they have at guitar center and at other places along with other guitars like Jacksons and LTD's but and avenger is hard to come by
I have yet to see an avenger hanging up at my GC. Almost every other model is there.

I'd suggest an LTD of sorts... probably a 1000 series, if you can't find an avenger.
I'll probably check up on that then, if anything I could try to special order it on GC, but I always wondered, do they expect you to buy it when it arrives? I never got the chance to ask the employees that
Yes they expect you will buy it. Full price, too.

You know how Musician's Friend has their price and the MSRP? Well you pay the MSRP.
Wow yea i see, well i'll see what i'll do about it then, I mean I'm comfortable with all the schecters I've played in stores and even on my friend's C-1 so i might order it in the future, but idk if it's risky to
If you want one with a floyd rose you can get it from drumcityguitarland

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-DCGL-Exclusive-Model-DIAMOND-SERIES-HELLRAISER-Avenger-FR-Black-Cherry-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2001C0.aspx

Shipping was great, it came in a cardboard box and a hard shell (plastic) case which i think was free, idk, it was a long time ago. You can also ask them to set it up in any particular way you want it. I had mine ordered in D standard low action and it plays great.

Heres a picture of my guitar in the hard shell case it came in

Also, BLACK CHROME hardware is sexy I think the other schecters come with only black hardware but i am not sure.

Quote by chidori730
cuz An avenger doesn't have floyde rose and I don't want a floyed rosed guitar

Ooops didnt read that until now
Last edited by Thean4rchist at Aug 30, 2009,
Lol, it's cool, but yea sweet Avenger. Yea I want one without a floyed cuz 1. I don't really use it much when playing on my CFH Dean guitar and 2. I occasionally switch from Standard tuning to drop D and I don't want to deal with the springs and floyed just to change one string when I can do it in seconds on a guitar with no floyed

Now unless I actually get better on my floyed guitar i'm sticking with none and I'm actually currently trying to use it to see if I change my mind.
Last edited by chidori730 at Aug 30, 2009,
Signatue guitars can be a problem if u get over the artist if the guitars covered in their name, a stock guitar is better and if u want u can make it custom urself be changing pickups, knobs, bride, machine heads, fret inlays etc.
IMO since you have another guitar, I would get the Avenger with a Floyde and just keep each guitar in a diff tunning.

Floydes just MAKE a guitar. Guitars with fixed bridges just feel weird to me. Plus with a Floyde you will get better tunning stability and once you really learn to do some things with it you will never want to go back to a guitar without one.

I bought an LTD with a tune-o-matic bridge....its a great guitar and all but I wish I would have gotten it with a floyde instead.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
IMO since you have another guitar, I would get the Avenger with a Floyde and just keep each guitar in a diff tunning.

Floydes just MAKE a guitar. Guitars with fixed bridges just feel weird to me. Plus with a Floyde you will get better tunning stability and once you really learn to do some things with it you will never want to go back to a guitar without one.

I bought an LTD with a tune-o-matic bridge....its a great guitar and all but I wish I would have gotten it with a floyde instead.

Agreed, as much as i love my fixed bridge ibanez, playing on a guitar with a floyd just feels a lot better imo, especially when palm muting. And having guitars in different tunings makes things so much easier. but having at least one non floyd rose guitar is a lot less of a headache when drop tuning on the fly.