Anyone ever tryout the Esp forest GT? im lookin for a new guitar (for playing metal, hard rock and metalcore mostly) and this falls in the spending range (under 800) and i wanted to know how it plays. its a japanese based guitar and just today was the first time i ever saw one not on the internet.
here is the esp site page for it
the only difference is the one i could get has emgs instead of the seymour duncans.
thoughts and opinions?
thanks.
Quote by bullet_esp \m/
Anyone ever tryout the Esp forest GT? im lookin for a new guitar (for playing metal, hard rock and metalcore mostly) and this falls in the spending range (under 800) and i wanted to know how it plays. its a japanese based guitar and just today was the first time i ever saw one not on the internet.
here is the esp site page for it
the only difference is the one i could get has emgs instead of the seymour duncans.
thoughts and opinions?
thanks.

If its anything like the F-401FM, which I have played, then I can say its definitely a good guitar for metal.
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
399 000 Japanese yen = 4 262.118 U.S. dollars

im not sure if i did this right, but thats not $800

if you find one of those for $800, buy buy buy

its a very nice guitar though! really nice...
make sure its esp!! not LTD because those are made in korea and other parts of asia, but still superb quality non the less
^ Korea makes crackin' guitars these days.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^ crackin' as in crackin' good or just crackin'? :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Jiro from GLAY
No way your getting that ESP new for $800

well it is used, but it looks like its in very good condition although i didn't get to try it out
If that is a REAL ESP for $800 in good condition then buy it in a heartbeat. Did you see it in a guitar store or something?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
yea, its at the local musicgoround and i suppose i could get the staffs opinions too cause i kno most of them.
Thats really something...finding a Jap ESP in the States isn't easy. Finding one for that cheap is astounding.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Buy it if you like it. It's worth 800 to me, but maybe not to you. If you don't like it, but something else.
real esp's are under $1000 these days. Heck, I see gibson les paul standards for under $1000. It's a sign of the times, but it's good for consumers looking to buy used. Really good. Take advantage of the desperate people and buy cheap.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by sirlaser
make sure its esp!! not LTD because those are made in korea and other parts of asia, but still superb quality non the less

I'm sorry to bring life to a dead thread but this post made me laugh..
Does he realise that the esp forest gt is Mij as its a japanese only model?
& the fact that ESP is a Japanese company. The Japanese model are far superior to the US made models
Quote by Taikisan
I'm sorry to bring life to a dead thread but this post made me laugh..
Does he realise that the esp forest gt is Mij as its a japanese only model?
& the fact that ESP is a Japanese company. The Japanese model are far superior to the US made models

^This.

Japanese ESP's are hella expensive. Didn't personally see a lot of them, but they're expensive from what i've heard. The awesome!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy