I have to say it's not the greatest build in the universe, and it is a series of botch jobs one after the other, and I'm no woodworker. But I'm relatively pleased with myself as it should by all indications at least work even with the botched bits and n00b mistakes. I just thought I'd post it as I've put a finish on it today.

Yes it is for a school project but the quality of the build is worth about as much as aesthetics. The documentation is work about 85% as opposed to the actual builds mark of the other 15%. I'm still quite pleased with it.

Have a piccy of it in it's current state!

So yea. My routes are **** the neck carve is passable and various other things are average or worse. But it looks relatively pretty....

P.S. Yes the stringer is two jarrah floorboards stuck together. The join is under the bridge though.
I am me. Live with it.
It will look great after the paint job, the electonics, hardware, and strungs are put into it
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Nice job, but it looks like your tuners are gonna end up too close together. When you string it, the 3rd string's probably gonna hit the 2nd string's tuner.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Nice job, but it looks like your tuners are gonna end up too close together. When you string it, the 3rd string's probably gonna hit the 2nd string's tuner.

Funny. They don't.... It's really weird I thought they might but they didn't. Admittedly stringing it loosely tore the nut off though. -_-"

@ the other guy I'm putting a Scandinavian oil finish on it (it's what it says on the can) That's the first coat on it.

At a guess I'd say it's not very different to Danish oil....
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Aug 30, 2009,
well on my can of scandinavian oil, it says danish oil aswell, so i guess its the same thing.... dunno...

pity at my school we never got to make guitars or basses or nothin...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Looks pretty good for a first build, I like it

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Looks pretty good for a first build, I like it

Thanks man. =D
I am me. Live with it.
Looks really quite nice.

Good job
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
That looks REALLY nice man. especially for a first build.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
hey i remember you from under the southern cross,
i built a guitar for HSC aswell, im thinking i should make a thread about it,
this build looks like its coming along nicely, just make your your portfolio is really good thats were all the good marks are, if you need any help just message me or something i got in the low 90's or high 80's for my build.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
1982 Ibanez Rocket Roll II
Charvel(ish) San Dimas 2 (modding)
Jackson PS-4 (modding)
Squier Affinity Strat (modding)
custom made Flying V/ Iceman
Headless Steinberger copy

Hail the Hordes!!
The simple fact that this isn't an "easy" first build gets my respect. This is going to look awesome with some nice oil and wax.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
that is noice.

good job!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
looks quite neat, just tunners are too close?
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by rootbeerjuice
Is it just me or are basses sexier than guitars?

They definitely are. Nice build so far, TS .
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by rootbeerjuice
Is it just me or are basses sexier than guitars?

Anyway, this looks really good, it looks like you did a great job! I especially like the headstock design.

By the way, what woods did you use?

The stringer and the fretboard are Jarrah oh how I loath it now (it's like working with concrete, It's ****ed the schools tools I've broken two screws off in it and had to plug them with tassy oak dowels. Which is why I decided to use it for the fretboard as well.). The neck wood is pacific maple and the body wings are what appears to be a slightly flamed Tassy Oak.

It is of course a neck through for any that hadn't guessed.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by metal-matt
well on my can of scandinavian oil, it says danish oil aswell, so i guess its the same thing.... dunno...

Well, Denmark is in Scandinavia, so... Harr.
Well guys. I just finished it (don't have time to wax and buff it), for all it's flaws and botch jobs it sounds and feels surprisingly nice...

Photos to come.
I am me. Live with it.
Sorry schools been pretty hectic here's the finished photos.

I am me. Live with it.
dang. that turned out pretty sweet! too bad u didnt add frets. could have sold it for a good amount
Quote by PittsPeng
dang. that turned out pretty sweet! too bad u didnt add frets. could have sold it for a good amount

I... Wanted a fretless bass man...
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
I... Wanted a fretless bass man...

i know. i read that. but just saying, if u did u coulda got some money off of it
It's not worth THAT much anyway some of it's pretty shoddy. That and fretless basses usually can sell for more than fretted for some ****ed up reason.
I am me. Live with it.