I've almost completely decided to get a Valveking, but I'm not sure if it's right for me. I play mostly metal and metal variations, so I'm gonna need a good, highly distorted sound. Would a Valveking be able to do that? I can get one for £300, and that's the top end of my budget really. If it wouldn't be suitable, could you maybe suggest an alternative that is under £300? (that's 488 USD) Or an amp AND a distortion pedal that in total wouldn't come above the same amount.

Thanks for your helps!
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
The Valveking does metal well. The speaker in it isn't very good so that needs a swap, and there are lots of things you can do to it to make it sound better.

I like my Valveking and i love the tone i can get from it, for metal.

I think for you that'd be the best amp for you in the budget.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
The Valveking does metal well. The speaker in it isn't very good so that needs a swap, and there are lots of things you can do to it to make it sound better.

I like my Valveking and i love the tone i can get from it, for metal.

I think for you that'd be the best amp for you in the budget.

unfortunately, i have no idea how to swap a speaker. does it take a lot of work?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
No, it's not a lot of work, element out and new one in, then connect. but you need to get the right impedance speaker and stuff like that, I think
for £300, you can get the blackstar ht-5, which is amazing
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
for £300, you can get the blackstar ht-5, which is amazing

i'll look it up now. does it have a good distortion tone? or will i need a pedal?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Valveking sounds great after it's retubed and respeakered. Might not have enough gain.
Blackstar is perfect for you, unless you gig, then it might not be enough power. It can do metal without a pedal.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Wrong section.

Valveking's ok. +1 to the HT-5. I was blown away by the sound and its flexibility.
Find something else for metal. The VK is not a metal amp unless you want to swap speakers, tubes, buy and eq and an overdrive. By the time you get done throwing money at the amp, you could have bought something much better suited for heavy music.
Quote by Jason43
Find something else for metal. The VK is not a metal amp unless you want to swap speakers, tubes, buy and eq and an overdrive. By the time you get done throwing money at the amp, you could have bought something much better suited for heavy music.

what would be much better suited for heavy music?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
You could look into some Bugeras. I've heard they can be a bit unreliable, but they've got a great metal tone.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by Zoso1994
B-52 AT-112 is better than VK for metal

How much is it usually?

and does anyone have any more suggestions? I still don't know what to get.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Every VK i've tried does metal just fine. IDK what sub-genre of metal people think it doesn't do. Also, I'd swap the speaker before doing tubes, but that's just me.

Also, HT-5 and B-52 at112 would be worth checking out. The Bugera amps are quite a bit more than the VK in the US, not sure about overseas.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm really not a fan of the VK...
I'd look at a Line 6 Flextone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Jason43

With the VK, you'll spend more money modding it than what the new amp costed.
The B-52, Bugera or Blackstar are much better choices for your style.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
You should look at this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157650

I already asked this question and from what other people have told me. a Blackstar HT-5 is good for home practice (not loud enough for gigging). Bugera 333xl is also good but they can be unreliable. For a bit more money you can also get a Peavey 5150 or 6505 combo which are some of the best for metal.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
That blackstar ht-5 is only 5W while the b-52 is 16W. Is 5 going to be very loud?

Also I noticed that the ht-5 is available as a combo amp and also a mini half stack. Whats the difference?
Quote by r3h0ld3r
That blackstar ht-5 is only 5W while the b-52 is 16W. Is 5 going to be very loud?

A 5 watt tube amp will usually hang with an average drummer and do small gigs. Its louder than you would think.