Hey guys so i think i have decided i wanna get an MIA HSS Strat.. i play rock and punk kinda stuff.. i was just wondering would the humbucker be able to handle like stuff by escape the fate and avenged sevenfold? Or would i have to replace it..

Thanks
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
peavey vypyr 30
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

Quote by shan0_
Hey guys so i think i have decided i wanna get an MIA HSS Strat.. i play rock and punk kinda stuff.. i was just wondering would the humbucker be able to handle like stuff by escape the fate and avenged sevenfold? Or would i have to replace it..

Thanks

Strats are great instruments - no question
But they're not designed for metal/screamo/core

You should look more at an Ibanez/ESP/Jackson/Schecter

They would be much more suited to you

and for the amount that a MIA strat costs you can get something dam nice!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
Strats are great instruments - no question
But they're not designed for metal/screamo/core

You should look more at an Ibanez/ESP/Jackson/Schecter

They would be much more suited to you

and for the amount that a MIA strat costs you can get something dam nice!

yer i know that.. but like those bands are as heavy as i go.. the majority of the stuff i play would be like more overdriven rather then like heavy distortion.. and i also love the beautiful cleans and bluesy sounds the strat gives..
Quote by srq89

whats coil tapped? And i cant afford a Gibson :'(
Quote by srq89

its coil split not coil tap. u can add a coil split to ur guitar so if it is activated it can split ur humbucker so it will sound like a single coil.

heres an example of coil splitting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDOGpRY_eM
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Last edited by holycow at Aug 30, 2009,
A HSS Strat can do it without a doubt. Because it's 'not designed for it' doesn't mean it can't do it. A Peugeot 106 isn't designed for racing, but people do it anyway.

If you really like the feel of it, then go ahead, and get it. I mean, if the humbucker isn't hot enough for you, you can change it quite easily. But really, the humbucker should do all those styles fine, and it's a nice guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Give it a go in a store, on your amp if they have it there, or the most similar model, and see how it sounds best way to figure out if it's right or not.