Hey just wondering if people could answer these questions.

What factors do you consider to be important for a restaurants cleanliness?

Would a low level of cleanliness put you off eating at a restaurant? Have you ever had any issues with the cleanliness of a restaurant?

Do you think restaurants should put cleanliness of their dining area before serving customers? Explain.

Thanks to all.
male
as long as it looks clean its ok
not really, no issues with cleanliness
no, its called fast food not good food

No bugs crawling around, drink dispensers that aren't disgusting, no messes.

Would a low level of cleanliness put you off eating at a restaurant? Have you ever had any issues with the cleanliness of a restaurant?

Yes. Yes, at a Wendy's a few years back there was an immense amount of bugs back where the food was prepared and over at the concessions stand.

Do you think restaurants should put cleanliness of their dining area before serving customers? Explain.

Yes, because if a place is so disgusting that people don't want to eat there, then serving doesn't really matter.

-male

-A clean, non-smelly look is important. I don't know, no insects around is a good sign.
Yes

- Definetely. And no I haven't.

- I'd rather not be served than be served in/with filth.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

the kitchen is the key. it's where all the food comes from. if I don't feel the kitchen is clean...i'm not going to eat there. also, reputation, if the restaurant is in a mall, it is more likely to be clean than a restaurant by the street, to use a general example.

yeah. I once found a hair in my angel-hair pasta and another there was a child who licked all the utensils off a table and put them back I make sure to order hot water and scrub/disinfect my plates ever since.

um. yeah. but cleanliness only goes so far as the disgust level of the customers. Some things are very unsanitary but are not disgusting.

Thanks to all.

you're welcome
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian

Male

NO BUGS, MUSTARD AND MAYO!

Yes. I have had many incidents involving lots of mustards and mayo.

Well, yes, it doesn't even need an explanation.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal

male

The tables cleaned, the floor swept, no creatures in the vicinity, the people serving the food should wear gloves and something to keep their hair out of the food.

Yes I would definitely not re-visit a restaurant if I saw a huge issue with cleanliness. But I haven't had any major issues yet.

Yes because paying customers do not deserve to have to eat in a filthy area.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
^it's funny how you bolded your questions and I bolded my answers
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian

Toilet cleanliness, all washing instruments clean, basic hygiene standards really. Clean staff. Clean look over all.

Yes. I've been put off going into many places just because of the filthy look of it.

Definitely. A dirty restaurant can lead to food poisoning. A customers health is more important than getting the food out fast.

What's the survey for?
Quote by Birdy266

Would a low level of cleanliness put you off eating at a restaurant?

Are you fucking serious?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."

Sex: Female

I don't eat at fast food restaurants. Even if it was the cleanest place in the world, I couldn't stand to give them any of my money.

They sear chickens' fucking beaks off while they're still alive.

/helpfulcontribution
Quote by rigiddigits

Sex: Female

I don't eat at fast food restaurants. Even if it was the cleanest place in the world, I couldn't stand to give them any of my money.

They sear chickens' fucking beaks off while they're still alive.

/helpfulcontribution

Wow, up until now I had no idea that every fast food restaurant used the exact same chicken supplier.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by JamesDouglas
Wow, up until now I had no idea that every fast food restaurant used the exact same chicken supplier.
Name me one major chain that practices ethical meat production (not that that isn't a complete paradox imo).
Quote by rigiddigits
Name me one major chain that practices ethical meat production (not that that isn't a complete paradox imo).

Well for one thing you only spoke about chickens, but now you've opened the whole realm of meat. But if we're going back to chickens, I'd say Nando's treats their chickens pretty well. At least in South Africa, something I've seen first hand having gone to their chicken supplier farm.

Although I'm not disputing the notion of meat suppliers who treat their animals horrifically, I think your original claim was a tad...short-sighted.
Quote by JamesDouglas
Well for one thing you only spoke about chickens, but now you've opened the whole realm of meat. But if we're going back to chickens, I'd say Nando's treats their chickens pretty well. At least in South Africa, something I've seen first hand having gone to their chicken supplier farm.

Although I'm not disputing the notion of meat suppliers who treat their animals horrifically, I think your original claim was a tad...short-sighted.
Fair enough. I've just read enough about it to feel that I'm better off staying away from the whole lot, because you can never be sure that the standards will be good enough.

It's all moot anyway because I don't eat meat, but I won't buy fries or a salad or anything from fast food places just because I don't want to finance commercial agriculture. I've seen too many horror stories.

I used to eat at Nando's when I ate chicken, and I'm not sure if I would class it as a fast food restaurant as mostly you sit down to eat (at least in this country.) It's certainly higher priced, which would lead one to believe that they could afford to have better standards all round.

And chickens are probably treated worse than cattle, because people see them as less sentient, and they take a much shorter time to raise and kill.
Last edited by rigiddigits at Aug 30, 2009,
I work at mcdonalds so i felt obliged to do this

What factors do you consider to be important for a restaurants cleanliness? not just looking like its clean, actually being clean. gloves, etc

Would a low level of cleanliness put you off eating at a restaurant? Have you ever had any issues with the cleanliness of a restaurant? yes it would, nah i havnt had any real issues with it

Do you think restaurants should put cleanliness of their dining area before serving customers? Explain. no, i know this as a fact as customers get mad very fast and the dining area isnt the vital part that needs to be clean, its the kitchens and workers. jst do basic table wipe type things and taking orders from customers should be the first priority
------------------------------------------------------------------

im a girl, dont call me 'he'

Quote by aznmetalhead93
I used to think Eddie Van Halen was a vampire.

As long as the food isn't contaminated and the employees have washed their hands

It would put me off to an extent, and nothing major

Defineatly.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

As long as the food isn't contaminated and the employees have washed their hands

It would put me off to an extent, and nothing major

Defineatly.

it's 'Definately,' unless that was intentional to stress the 'neat' in cleanliness, which is the topic we are kinda talking about in a general sense right now. and restaurants. i'm hungry.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
after working in fast food i wouldnt eat there, when you have kids working there the last thing they care about is hygene.