Hey new here and wanted to hear what you guys thought of my first complete song. It doesn't have any drums, just the guitars. Some of the drum fills are thought out but I have no idea how to program drums so I can't do them, so I left the measure as blank if there is supposed to be a drum fill there. That's about it, critique my stuff, and link me yours and I'll do the same. Get through the whole song and theres a harmony I think is quite nice. Thanks

Also it would help if you guys could tell me what genre this is, I have noooo idea. I know its metal, well in my head its metal. But not sure what it falls under.

http://uploading.com/files/QAFLEK1W/Penned Horror.gp4.html
it's not too bad. I mean, it's a bit repetitive, but that one bit around bar 30 is fairly interesting. That and it seems to drag on for quite a while. I found myself wondering if it was done (I'm assuming at the part you were talking about the measure you left blank). The slower bit up in the 50 bar area sounded alright, it's just seems a bit out of place in the song. You actually could have used bar 60+ as a completely different song. The bit before it worked quite well as an intro. It seems like you've just mashed a bunch of alright ideas together, getting an iffy sounding song. I'd say, pull some of those riffs out and make several songs out of this.
Good luck with it anyways.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
tbh, I didn't like the first 16 bars, felt more like an exercise than a song, after that though, it has a nice mesuggah-ish dissonace to it. the way it goes from one riff to the other also feels sudden sometimes. some drums would really do a lot of good.

regarding the genre... Mesuggah is a pretty good comparison, so I'd call it some sort of math-metal, maybe math-shred-metal... something like that

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191912
It might be the genre but the melodies and the structure of the song seem quite random to me. I just couldn't find anything to attach to like for example a cathy riff or melody.
Also I wonder how do you plan to do a 2,5 note bending on a guitar.
Quote by Wicked Rose
it's not too bad. I mean, it's a bit repetitive, but that one bit around bar 30 is fairly interesting. That and it seems to drag on for quite a while. I found myself wondering if it was done (I'm assuming at the part you were talking about the measure you left blank). The slower bit up in the 50 bar area sounded alright, it's just seems a bit out of place in the song. You actually could have used bar 60+ as a completely different song. The bit before it worked quite well as an intro. It seems like you've just mashed a bunch of alright ideas together, getting an iffy sounding song. I'd say, pull some of those riffs out and make several songs out of this.
Good luck with it anyways.

Its funny you say the stuff about pulling the riffs out and elaborating on them to make a whole new song, one of the guitarists I jam with told me the exact same thing. I agree about the song not really going anywhere within the 6 minutes or so it elapses.

And yeah I agree with the other person that said the intro just sounds like an exercise, I was trying to get that intro up to 110 BPM as cleanly as possible and decided to try and make something cool out of it.

Atira, I don't understand what you mean 2,5 note bending