Okay, I'm looking for either a new head (my dad has marshall 4x12 with celestions that he lets me use) or combo.

Hopefully, if we ever manage to get our drummer to practice with us, it will be used for gigging.

Needs to be great for playing metal, specificaly: Trivium, Killswitch, BFMV, Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Machine Head, and our own stuff

Rythm wise, perfect tone would be the kinda tone from bodom's 'everytime i die', with the heaviest being kataklysm's 'to reign again'. I thought i'd post examples as I'm not great with descriptions of tone lol.

Lead/solo wise, basicaly Bodom, but maybe a little more blurred on faster solos, like the intro sweeps of the butcher by cooley.

Budget is ~ £300 - £400. I know I won't get exactly (or probably even near!) the tones I've listed for this price, so looking to get as close as possible.

So far, only heads I've looked at are the Peavey Valve King and the Randall RH-50 T. Havn't tried either yet.

Any other suggestions? And are the 2 listed heads any good?

A head/combo and pedals is obviously an option. At the moment I only have a Boss ML-2, but could buy others.

Thanks in advance
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
i would save some more money, maybe you can wish money for birthday and christmas and then buy an awesome head..
Bugera - hands down

If you're going head/cab then get a bugera head and an avatar 2x12
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Save more money for an awesome head and don't buy those crappy Bugeras.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by PapaSchumpf
i would save some more money, maybe you can wish money for birthday and christmas and then buy an awesome head..

Bday is almost a year away, and I would like to be gigging before then if possible. Though at this rate...

And my parents are unlikely to give me any money for heads as I'm going off to uni lol. This is going to be the 1st amp that I myself own, I currently have to use my dad's Marshall Lead 12 practice amp
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M