got an ibanez guitar, SA260FM, wen plugged in ther is an enourmous buzzing sound from the pickups, which goes away wen i touch the volume knob with my figner, can anyone help me get rid of this?
Grounding issue maybe?

Take it to a tech - odds are "Self repairs" will only do more damage

It might seem expensive now - but if you **** your guitar up then it's going to cost you 10x more!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
sounds like an earthing/grounding problem, or a problem with the volume pot. does it only stop when you touch the volume knob, or does it stop buzzing when you touch the strings, tuners, bridge, or any other metal parts too?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
first swap the cable if you have another.

then

take off the jack and see if the wires are loose or off.

if these two things dont help, then it'll be a different ground issue.

these are just the two easiest to check.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
should still do above.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Most likely all of your ground leads are soldered to the back of the volume pot, so chances are that as far as your guitar goes the cable or the output leads are the most likely culprit as jj1565 pointed out. It could also be that the ground point simply fell off the back off the pot due to a bad soldering job (seen this more than once). It could be caused by issues that have nothing to do with your actual equipment, too. Something else on the same circuit causing interference, flourescent lighting, etc.

Aside from the cable, the next best and easiest shot would be to try it in a different room on a different electrical circuit. Then if possible try a different amp. Then start digging into the guitar if it's still a problem.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah