hi, i need a new amp, at the moment ive got an epi LP 100 and a behringer vintager 15 watt amp, the maximum price i will way for a new amp will be $500, i am looking for a good distortion amp with around 45watts
Last edited by slash_dan123 at Aug 30, 2009,
Maybe a Roland Cube 60 (60 watts, Solid State)

Peavey Bandit 120 (80 watts Solid State)

You interested in going used? You could probably find a tube amp
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Aug 30, 2009,
I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Vox Valvetronix series, so I'd suggest trying out the 50W version - http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-VT50-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=424008 . I can't guarantee it has a distortion to your liking, though, so you should probably try it at a store first.

But I'm certain you could get a decent tube amp if you were willing to go used, as the poster above me says.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Why do you need such high wattage?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Blackstar HT-5 combo. Low wattage, sounds good for room use at low volumes. Downside is that you cant go gigging with it.
Last edited by GuitarGuy X at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by slash_dan123
hi, i need a new amp, at the moment ive got an epi LP 100 and a behringer vintager 15 watt amp, the maximum price i will way for a new amp will be $500, i am looking for a good distortion amp with around 45 - 100 watts

Sounds like you have a very early starter kit, why would you need such high wattage?
What music do you play?
how good are you?
how long have you been playing?
are you going to be gigging any time soon?
are you in a band?
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss