Well I'm selling my Musicman SUB and looking to get a 5 or 6 string as a replacement.

I'd like to have a list of basses to go and try out, when I next go into town to the shop, the budget I can see will be around £400/450 and I'm more likely to go used as it's a better way but what do you guys think would be a good couple of basses to look out for.

I have an offer to trade my SUB for an Ibanez EDC 715 but I am unsure if I will do this, but what do y'all think would be a good couple of basses I should try?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Ibanez SR505/6, Spector Legend 5 and 6 are all good basses around that price. The Spectors you'd be able to buy new, but you'd probably have to go used on the SR505 and 506.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Ibanez SR505/6, Spector Legend 5 and 6 are all good basses around that price. The Spectors you'd be able to buy new, but you'd probably have to go used on the SR505 and 506.

Know any UK based dealers for the Spectors? And what do you think of the Ibanez Ergodynes? The one that would be traded for this is the one with the ATK style pickup. However I'm not sure about it, you got any idea if its a worth while deal?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
Know any UK based dealers for the Spectors? And what do you think of the Ibanez Ergodynes? The one that would be traded for this is the one with the ATK style pickup. However I'm not sure about it, you got any idea if its a worth while deal?

I'm not familiar with Ergodynes I'm afraid,so I can't help you there sorry. There's the Bass Merchant in Essex (a great shop,I whole-heartedly recommend them). There's websites that sell Spectors and deliver to the Uk. The only two I can think of rightnow are Thomann.de and guitarampkeyboard.com.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
from my own experience I would reccomend some Yamaha basses, perhaps the RBXs (I think? not too familiar), or the BB415/416 models. The 51s are active, but they are excellent instruments, a tad bulky but very nice.
I have an Ibanez ATK 305 and its fantastic. Very versatile, looks beautiful, and plays great. I'd defiantly check one out of you can.

I did get mine for an absolute steal though. *cough$85cough*