So I finally got my RGT6EX FX (the black one), and it is awesome. My problem is, i have a lot of buzz on the 12th fret on all strings!

I have tried with heavier gauge strings (going from .9's to .10's), lowering the action, increasing the action, both tightening and loosening the truss rod and anything else i could think of. even when the action was extremely high i could still hear a bit of buzz ( and it is not a problem on my old ESP LTD EX-260).

So what the heck should i do to eliminate it?
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Do you mean the strings are buzzing on the 12th fret, or buzz when you are fretting it there?
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Quote by Eskil Rask
So I finally got my RGT6EX FX (the black one), and it is awesome. My problem is, i have a lot of buzz on the 12th fret on all strings!

I have tried with heavier gauge strings (going from .9's to .10's), lowering the action, increasing the action, both tightening and loosening the truss rod and anything else i could think of. even when the action was extremely high i could still hear a bit of buzz ( and it is not a problem on my old ESP LTD EX-260).

So what the heck should i do to eliminate it?

If youve done all that and have no idea what's going on, its time to see a pro.

Take it to a tech, and dont jack with the truss rod again.

I'll bet your necks out of whack a bit. Maybe the bridge, maybe both.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by SwamperGene
Do you mean the strings are buzzing on the 12th fret, or buzz when you are fretting it there?

the latter.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Eskil Rask
the latter.

How about past the 12th fret?

If so then most likely either A) you have too much relief in the neck or B) the neck angle is off. How much relief do you have in it now? Remember that truss rod changes may not be noticable for a day or two so you only ever want to go 1/8-1/4 turn then let it settle in.

If it's only at the 12th fret, make sure that fret is not loose then look higher up for a possible high fret, particularly at the 13th.
My Stuff:
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Quote by SwamperGene
How about past the 12th fret?

If so then most likely either A) you have too much relief in the neck or B) the neck angle is off. How much relief do you have in it now? Remember that truss rod changes may not be noticable for a day or two so you only ever want to go 1/8-1/4 turn then let it settle in.

If it's only at the 12th fret, make sure that fret is not loose then look higher up for a possible high fret, particularly at the 13th.

The buzz starts around 6th-7th frets and ends around 23rd, though it's only really bad around the 12th.

the neck looks like it has a lot of relief, but it doesnt seem to change at all when i tighten the truss rod (i have tightened it 1/4-1/3 turns every day for 3-4 days now), and it feels a bit hard to tighten anymore, so I'm a bit afraid what's gonna happen if I tighten it any more.
Buzzing in the middle region does seem to indicate excess relief! (in effect, your playing in a valley). If you fret the 1st and 17th fret on the Low E at the same time, you'll probably see a significant gap between the fret crown and bottom of the string in the 7 - 9th fret region. If so it's too muh relief. You've been steadily tightening your truss rod and it sounds like it may be maxed out if it's hard to turn so stop before it snaps or gets stripped.
Try loosening your strings for a day or so and see if the relief lessens first. Then you can back off on the truss rod a bit and try bringing the guitar up to pitch.
Sometimes an overtightened truss rod will compress the wood behind the Nut head. Then all that can be done is use a die to thread farther down the rosdd to provide more room for adjustments or place washers behind the nut (if removable) to make up for the compressed wood.
Moving on.....
Quote by Eskil Rask
The buzz starts around 6th-7th frets and ends around 23rd, though it's only really bad around the 12th.

the neck looks like it has a lot of relief, but it doesnt seem to change at all when i tighten the truss rod (i have tightened it 1/4-1/3 turns every day for 3-4 days now), and it feels a bit hard to tighten anymore, so I'm a bit afraid what's gonna happen if I tighten it any more.

Before you do anything else, try to measure the relief when you do the test (like Ken suggests above). If you don't have feeler guages, use a credit card as the setup sticky suggests...it'll at least tell if you're close or not. If you have more than the thickness of a credit card (about .029") between the top of the fret and the bottom of the string at the deepest part of the neck, there is too much relief. Don't guess, your eyeballs can't tell a few thousandths difference and that's all it takes to go from good to bad.
My Stuff:
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Quote by KenG

Sometimes an overtightened truss rod will compress the wood behind the Nut head. Then all that can be done is use a die to thread farther down the rosdd to provide more room for adjustments or place washers behind the nut (if removable) to make up for the compressed wood.

Could you explain that again? English is not my native language.

I just did the test, fretting on the first and 17th frets, placing a credit card in between the string and the fretboard around the 7th-9th frets. The string touched the credit card.
I may be able to take a picture of the guitar tomorrow so you can see the neck warp.
Quote by David Collins
Do you have a good tech in the area you can bring it to?

Sounds to me like you really just need to have it looked at by a professional. With what you seem to know about setup, combined with some of the advice you're getting here (some is good, but certainly not all of it), you're going to be chasing your tail in circles for quite some time before you come out with anything acceptable. Even then, you're not likely going to be able to get as good a setup as a good tech will be able to deliver.

I don't think there are any professional guitar techs around where I live, but I know a couple of professional guitarists (former teachers and stuff) I could try to ask.