Page 1 of 2
I'm gonna adopt a 5 month old dog named Bryan, do you think it's possible to change it's name? I don't really want it named Bryan, it sounds gay for such a big dog. Will it understand the name change?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
If you constantly call it by its new name, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Well it might take a VERY long time to do....when theyre puppies they get used to hearing a certain name so Im thinking it's possible, but it'll probably take a year to completely wipe out the other name. I could be completely wrong though....just a thought
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
He probably won't care much but he has to re-apply for any credit cards he might have.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Should work. It's not a human.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
its a dog, as long as you look at them when you talk they know who your talking to also its not like you need to legally do it
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
dude, you can't just go and change a dogs name. its breaking the rules, you know, the rules.
I'd be surprised if at five months old it even knew its previous name.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
your dogs name is not brian. no dogs is just brian. because a dog is regesterd with a very long name, my dog molly is called briasborn flows last dance, what u choose to call ur dog is your concern, and a dog will answer a new name within a month, moly is a breeeding bitch and has had over 35 pups so i tend to know ma doggy shet.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
they probably to respond to the sound of your voice more so than what you call him
Quote by captaincrunk
My dog responds to anything food related. He even knew souffle was food somehow. Wtf?

oh lawd
I say you go out and get a dog with a cooler name to begin with. Like Willis. Two birds one stone. Amirite??? : D
It depends on the breed of dog, as a general rule - the bigger the dog, the lower the IQ. If it is only 5 months old then it should be possible. It becomes more difficult to teach a dog new things as it gets closer to full size though...
Dogs don't know English. They recognise intonations. As long as you call his name in the same sounding voice he'll recognise it soon enough.

Also if you're looking for masculinity you should totally call it Xerxes. Observe:

(Invalid img)
Name your dog after a member of your family. Say your dad's name is Philip, when your dog takes a crap on the floor you can yell "PHILIP NO! NO POOP ON THE FLOOR!" as loud as you can so your neighbours can hear, which would put wrong images in their head.

Boy would that be funny.

Yeah do it. Brian is a horrible name for a dog (unless its from family guy and can talk)

And if its only five months old you shouldnt have too much of a problem.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
What kind of dog is it? It actually sounds kind of cool.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Don't try it. Plus, you'll love him for what he is, not by the name you know him
Quote by tim_6989
It depends on the breed of dog, as a general rule - the bigger the dog, the lower the IQ. If it is only 5 months old then it should be possible. It becomes more difficult to teach a dog new things as it gets closer to full size though...

I have a hard time believing that Chihuahuas are smarter than Blood Hounds.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by bananahammock
your dogs name is not brian. no dogs is just brian. because a dog is regesterd with a very long name, my dog molly is called briasborn flows last dance, what u choose to call ur dog is your concern, and a dog will answer a new name within a month, moly is a breeeding bitch and has had over 35 pups so i tend to know ma doggy shet.

wat.
Quote by bananahammock

What the hell does that matter?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Dogs don't have names, they just connect an action with the sound of a word.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
dogs dont speak human, they respond to your tones and I guess repetitive words (become familiar) you can call a dog anything and keep it in a good tone. All about positive training.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
My dog responds to many many different names. It'll be fine. The dog will get used to it very soon./
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Broken-pick
I'm gonna adopt a 5 month old dog named Bryan, do you think it's possible to change it's name? I don't really want it named Bryan, it sounds gay for such a big dog. Will it understand the name change?
That's because this dog IS gay. Accept him for who he is, don't try to change him.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Aug 30, 2009,
knowing the breed of dog might help.

most dogs can be trained to respond to a certain name at a young age, but as they get older they tend to not be able to, and will need to respond to the original name it was given.

breed helps to because certain dogs are smarter, but at the same time you have dogs that are lower on the intelligence list but are still smart for some reason. example being that i had a golden retreiver who was the runt of the litter (got him christmas eve one year) , and he was smart enough to learn to be at the backdoor to go out, to sit when given food, and i even managed to get him to jump up on a kitchen chair when i told him to. (after awhile he couldnt cause he got too big)

but anywho if your dog is really young it shouldnt have a problem learning a new command. i mean, i had a dog named buddy, but he also listened if you called him doushebag and sh*t head. which means if they can associate things on there own as puppies it shouldnt be hard to associate them with a name.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Page 1 of 2