for some reason when i tune my guitar (electric) some chords (rhythm mostly) sound find, but others don't- so i have to adjust the tuning on certain strings (not much) in order to get other cords to sound proper, but then when i try playing the chords that sounded fine to begin with, they dont' sound proper anymore... i hope that makes sense.

i'm guessing this is an issue with the neck or the fretboard on the guitar, or maybe somewhere on the bridge?

i'm wondering if someone can help me figure out what's causing this issue and how i might be able to go about fixing it.

thanks in advance for any help with this one!
Sounds like your intonation is out. If I were you, I'd take it to your local guitar shop and ask them to do a set up on your guitar. If that doesn't solve it, then I don't know what's up.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
ur intonation is off
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Intonation bro, neck might be warped/bridge might need work,
send it in to get it set up,
or google how to intonate n whatnot if you're feelin up to it.
Its not all that difficult, but if your neck is warped, just send it in.
Add to the rest here, check if your neck is straight, and if the intonation is proper. If that's not the case, there's one more thing, if you press the strings down too hard and have got jumbo frets open chords WILL sound messed up because it's just like bending a string.
thanks for all the suggestions- i will probably end up getting this checked out with my local guitar shop...
If it ever really starts to bother you and you play full chords a lot, you can get something fitted called a Earvana compensated nut. It replaces your guitar's current nut, and it's specially measured so each string can be more in tune all over the neck. It can't completely fix the problem, but it can make it far less noticable. The only drawback to it is that if you use a vibrato/tremolo/whammy bar bridge, that can mess the nut up, and it's not an upgarde that's easy to change back if you decide you don't like it. But still, it's something worth remembering in case even after getting your guitar set up properly, you are still annoyed by chords being slightly out of tune.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.