I've got an Ibanez RG270 right now with a maple fretboard and 2 super distortions in it. http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/Wardcorn/DSC05954.jpg I was considering getting a Fender MIM Standard Telecaster (first choice) or maybe a Strat. I was also considering the Epi Les paul Standard or a G-400 faded. I play mostly Classic rock, blues rock, and hard rock like Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Stones, Sabbath, Ramones, the Who, Van Halen, AC/DC, Scorpions, Stevie Ray, Hendrix, Cream, Clapton, etc.

So the question is should I sell my Ibanez and buy a telecaster (or one of the other guitars above) or should I keep my Ibanez???

If I do go about selling my Ibanez could you give me a few pointers like if I should return it to stock pickups and sell the Dimarzios, put the original strap buttons on, how much I should sell it for or leave it as is?

If I get a new guitar, I don't want to spend much, I pretty much want to sell something and maybe only need to shell out another like 25-50 bucks.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Ok, I'd like to see more responses though before I decide for sure. Of course I am not going to base my opinion entirely on the EG forum but I'd just like to see what some people think.

Even If I don't sell it, any idea how much it might be worth as it is now?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Aug 30, 2009,
looks like people r selling it used for $200. but if u keep the super distortion pickups on the guitar, u mite be able to sell it for $250-$300

not enuff to buy a fender telecaster. at least i dont think so. lol
Keep it and save up for the Telecaster. With both you can play anything
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
can never go wrong with an Ibanez, but that's just my opinion.
I have both a MIM strat and an RG and personally i prefer the RG.
But for the music you play maybe a Strat might be good.
Then again personal preference is always key.
Best option is to go to a music store and try out a strat/tele and see which tone you like
Quote by CHOCOmoney

+1

u will be able 2 play anything
You need humbuckers for heavy stuff like hard rock. Telecasters and Strats have single coils, no humbuckers. I say keep the Ibanez too but if you really need a new guitar, Epi Les Paul is the way to go. Mind you, your Ibanez is most probably going to sound 10 times better anyway.

EDIT: Like other people have said, get the Strat or tele so you can play everything. Only if you want those softer tones though.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by CHOCOmoney

This, though I'd recommend swapping the neck Super Distortion for a PAF Pro, being as to my ears a lower-output neck pickup's always sounded best. Your call though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Yeah, I wanted to get a PAF for the neck but I got both Dimarzios for only $20 each but I could only buy them as a pair to get the deal.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
My ibanez just looks a little agressive for classic rock and blues I think, How can I calm it down? It sounds fine but the visuals look a little harsh to me
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Edit; ^Pickguards have always added a nice bit of 60's/70's flair and class to me, you could get one of the ones they use for some of the top-routed RG's and slap it on.

Quote by Polystant
Yeah, I wanted to get a PAF for the neck but I got both Dimarzios for only $20 each but I could only buy them as a pair to get the deal.

Oh. Well then in that case it's completely understandable; I'd kill to get the pickups I want or something similar for just $20 for the entire set.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Aug 30, 2009,
i actually really like that RG. i say stay with that.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
it`s what it sounds like and what you do with it that counts, don`t base your buying off looks alone....like other peeps have said keep the ibby and save up
I love that Ibby, you should be a proud owner, it's beaut, I'm a huge fan of maple necks.
Yeah I love it too, that's why I was leaning away from selling it. Where is a good place to get an ibanez HSH pickguard? and would any Ibanez HSH pickguard fit?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Also, wouldn't I need to rout the body if I got a front loaded pickguard?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
you can find tons of ibanez pickguards on ebay, but you'd have to worry about the electronics lining up exactly with your's. the pickguard models wouldn't have to worry about that since the electronics are mounted to the pickguard, but a top routed model might not work... take it to guitar center and see if they have a pickguard. just to see if it fits.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip