Page 1 of 2
A couple of months ago i bought a zennox guitar for £40 with an amp off a friend, she doesnt play guitar. It looked really nice when i got it so i thought it would play well too, but theres a wiry and sometimes a dead sound to the notes, and half the time it sounds like it does when you don't actually plug it in. I would not recommend them
Last edited by tokiodevon at Aug 30, 2009,
I think there is a pretty good reason that you got for £40
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I can see this just being a long list of B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. Oh yer and my worst buy was a B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Some stagg v thing, the neck warped very very quickly.

My Mum bought my little brother one of those guitars withe the amps built in, thats sounded just like it would if the amp wasnt plugged in. The necks made of some weird plywood or something and the inlays are painted on.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Aug 30, 2009,
I once brought a Legacy Les Paul, thought it would be amazing as it had Les Paul in the name... I was just starting guitar, it was horrible! It was twangy as ****, sounded like a rickenbacker ahahah
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Need a new amp so much D:
Orange Stack or Marshall JCM 2000 Stack please.
washburn wr 154... first electric guitar
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
first act, strat look alike.. bleh... terrible
Guitars
Paul Reed Smith: Mike Mushok Baritone w/BKP Juggernaut's
Ibanez: RG321MH

Alvarez: MD-60C
Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Modded 2004 XTC 101B Module
Stock Treadplate Module
uhh.. probably my epiphone les paul junior plywood thing. but it's not all that bad - apart from tuning problems and the generally cheap tone (which does have its uses!), it's quite nice - the neck profile is very nice and the fretwork is pretty good considering - it plays really well.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
jackson soloist and jackson fusion ex both crappy build quality loose necks,

the nut fell off the soloist and the electrics on the ex , not doing a rewire of any new guitar so got my money back on both these pieces of junk...
my first electric. a ken rose strat.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
I almost bought a Stagg Tom Delonge copy guitar. I wanted it for the body mostly since Fender doesnt make Graffiti Yellow Strats anymore. I was going to get a new neck, electonics and totally revamp the entire thing. Luckily my friend stopped me :P
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
A Kona Strat, but it isn't too bad. I'm sure if I just lowered that action and put some new pickups in it, it'd sound decent enough, but it sounds damp and, well, bleh now. I don't buy guitars all that much, so that's the worst.
Behringer Strat ripoff. Buzzy as a hive.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Once again I only have on guitar, my Ibanez GAX70, and its pretty crappy. But I have a new guitar on order
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
My acoustic is probably the worst guitar I own, but I still wouldn't call it bad

I've played worse guitars that went for higher prices and overall I'm happy with it
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
a fernandes lp copy, it was black boring sounded like crap and was uninspiring
~Defiant~
ltd jh-200.

jesus christ i hated that motherfuc*er. Played like ****, looked like ****, sounded like ****, felt like ****.

It was so much worse than my starcaster. Good thing I got rid of that thing. I think the guy who took it liked it, but I hated it. Cheap LTD's suck ass.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I don't buy bad guitars... so the worst one I ever bought would have to be an '80s Ibanez. My 1982 Ibanez Destroyer II DT400 modded with a FR and locking nut is probably the worst guitar I bought.... Amidoinitrite?
Quote by OverUnderOnward
Does B.C Rich have any good guitars? I have yet to see one...

NJ Series and above make damn fine guitars..... Ignorant statement is ignorant.
Epiphone Slash

maybe i just got a bad one but it was bbbbbad lol
27mMoV31II7.a2
None of them...I don't buy crap me
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
PRS Tremonti SE I had. Was absolutely awful for the price. I found it had horrible tonal characteristics
Ibanez.. something or other. RG321MH? I think it's name was something like that. Utterly terrible in every posisble way, literally not one single redeeming thing about it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Johnson strat for $90 the plays beautifully with 9's and horribly with 10's. It's g string is super buzzy no matter what though. And it's pickups, while decent, certainly aren't high quality.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
some off brand mini acoustic guitar my older sister bought me when I was like six and wanted to get lessons. It was a 50 dollar piece of crud that completely turned me off playing guitar for 3 - 4 years. Until my dad took me to a guitar store and I learned not all guitars sound that bad. I think it was made of plywood. I know I was six but damn thats just pathetic.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Encore Strat...
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
it was a crappy strat-type thing that I bought off ebay.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Probably the Jackson KE3 Kelly. I just couldn't keep that thing in tune and it felt like hell to play on. I preferred my first ever electric which was a £150 Ibanez starter pack model (at the time) and now I think it's discontinued. Wouldn't surprise me.
Ibanez Jem 7V-WH
PRS Custom 24
ESP Ltd EC1000
the worst i've ever bought was an Ibanez Art series. i actually really like the tones and the playability of this thing, but it literally won't stay in tune long enough for me to unplug it from the tuner and play something. it goes flat that quickly.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
I'd have to say my fourth guitar, A Global Instruments acoustic. I paid $10 for it. The guitar not only sounds dead and has a fret popping out but the original strings were digging into the wood from the tension! Perhaps it was stored in a damp place or is made out of bad wood, Or both.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 30, 2009,
My Epiphone G-310. Freakin' thing didn't last a year before it all went to crap...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I guess that you don't end up buying crap if you try stuff out first
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Page 1 of 2