What is up UG,

Here is how I am standing right now, I have tried and tested a lot of amps, from the Line 6 Spiders; which sounded like a whale dying; to fender G-decs to Vox Valvetronics and more.

As an intermediate guitarist trying to go electronic. I am buying a Epiphone Les paul Standard. Next thing I need is the amp, I tried as you read, a lot... In what I've tried I find that Vox's Valvetronics series sounds very good for the price. My initial plan was to get an Vox AD 30 VT XL but, then I started to read a lot of good reviews about the vox amplug.
My question is, is a Vox amplug paired with a Bose pair of headphones in the same league as the vox ad 30 vt XL; they'll both cost me about 180 EUR.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
An amplug will have nowhere near the quality or features of the Valvetronix. They are headphone practice amps with just one sound. Great for silent practice, but not much else.

Also I do not recommened the XL series of valvetronix amps, as I have heard that they are not as good as the standard AD range. And the AD range itself is not as good as the new VT range. I'm assuming you play metal? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you like the sound of the Vox and want metal tones then I recommened you get one of the new VT series Valvetronix.

Check out the Valvetronix thread if you need any more info.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179626
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Last edited by Sampy at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by Sampy
An amplug will have nowhere near the quality or features of the Valvetronix. They are headphone practice amps with just one sound. Great for silent practice, but not much else.

Also I do not recommened the XL series of valvetronix amps, as I have heard that they are not as good as the standard AD range. And the AD range itself is not as good as the new VT range. I'm assuming you play metal? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you like the sound of the Vox and want metal tones then I recommened you get one of the new VT series Valvetronix.

Check out the Valvetronix thread if you need any more info.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179626

thanks a lot, but you guessed wrong, I play mainly rock, blues and jazz. I guess pairing 150 eur worth of headphone to 30 eur of amp wasn't much of an alternative. I was just wondering tough. I guess I will get the AD 30 VT XL, because I also need it for jamming. if I take the new series I only get the VT15 which also sounds great tough. but I don't know If you can jam with it and a drummer.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Ah. I assumed you played metal because the AD30VT XL is designed for hi-gain metal sounds.

For blues, rock and jazz you're going to want the non XL series, like I have. The AD30VT is probably your best bet.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain