Hey fellow UGers,

I recently purchased a Spider 3, 30 amp and although it is my favritest thing in the world I'm still unhappy with the sound im getting.

I have the four preset settings (clean, crunch, metal, insane) and i stick to the insane setting, but i feell like i cud get more from it in terms of tone but I hav no idea how to
do so. I fiddle around with the Bass Mid n Treble controls a fair bit but i'm never quite satisfied.

could my guitar pickups have anything to do with it? They're humbuckers for my LP rip.

Sorry if i sound stupid or i'm just expecting too much lol any help or comments w.e wud b helpful.

Cheers
The amp just sounds bad man, sorry, you need a new one...
Last edited by TubeAmp89 at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by ashli90
Hey fellow UGers,

I recently purchased a Spider 3, 30 amp and although it is my favritest thing in the world I'm still unhappy with the sound im getting.

I have the four preset settings (clean, crunch, metal, insane) and i stick to the insane setting, but i feell like i cud get more from it in terms of tone but I hav no idea how to
do so. I fiddle around with the Bass Mid n Treble controls a fair bit but i'm never quite satisfied.

could my guitar pickups have anything to do with it? They're humbuckers for my LP rip.

Sorry if i sound stupid or i'm just expecting too much lol any help or comments w.e wud b helpful.

Cheers

Thats your problem right there.
just give me a fender and let me rip
It could have something to do with the fact that the modeling on the spider 3 is god-awful.
Check out my band Disturbed
The Spider III just has horrible sound, especially on the insane setting. Good luck finding a good tone.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Quote by ashli90
>Tone

>Spider 3, 30

ur amp is super sh*tty. you have yo sell it and get something better. getting an EQ wont help much, because although the settings are very bad, the horrible thing is the kind of distortion you get.

If you want to get some cool distortion while u save for an amp, get a Metal Muff and use your clean channel, or buy a peave vypyr 15/roland microcube/cube 15x (but you probably wont be able to practice with a drummer using those amps)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Aug 30, 2009,
Your pickups don't have anything to do with it, man. It's the amp itself. Sorry to say, but the amp you bought isn't all that great.

However, it's great for practicing alone. If you try to play in a band, you're going to need a better amp.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
basicly listen to what has already been siad i got a spider III as my first amp (and only amp at the moment) the only channel i use is the crunch one and some times the clean the other 2 are useless
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
well NOONE is helping here and EVERYONE is telling you how crappy the amp is. WELL speaking as someone who has the spider III as a practice amp and is running an epi les paul through it lets go over some details. 1) yes. the spider III isn't all wonderful but let's do the best with what we got. Okay on clean channel definitely stick to your rhythm pickup with the tone around 7. won't sound all bad. with the crunch setting stick with rhythm but mess with the tone a little to try and rid yourself of that muddy tone. for the metal and insane settings stickwith your treble pickup at with tone around 5. As for the amp settings? pray to god. but these are my settings for practice. Drive (half) Bass (7) Mid (6) Treble (8) good luck man i hope this helps. still the amp isn't all that great but you can't go wrong with a marshall for your next amp
If you HAVE to play a spider, put it on the clean channel, take off all effects, and run a distortion pedal into it.

the insane channel sucks, the metal is....alright, crunch is useless, and the clean is somewhat usable

just dont crank the amp...your brain will explode inside your skull
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
D0nt list3n 2 all th3s3 n00b5. the line 6 sp1d3r is teh graetst amp evur! it has liek s0oo many aw3some amp s1mulat0rs plu5 awe50m3 d1g1tal FX!!! k33p t3h amp and l3t all these n00bs st1ck w1th there crappy Mesa/n00bies and 0ther fail t00b amps.

but seriously, the serchbar is your best friend. i suggest you use it before buying anything else.

prediction is he doesn't use the searchbar: he's going to go out and buy a br00tal MT2 for the clean channel.

Quote by b-allstar21
well NOONE is helping here and EVERYONE is telling you how crappy the amp is. WELL speaking as someone who has the spider III as a practice amp and is running an epi les paul through it lets go over some details. 1) yes. the spider III isn't all wonderful but let's do the best with what we got. Okay on clean channel definitely stick to your rhythm pickup with the tone around 7. won't sound all bad. with the crunch setting stick with rhythm but mess with the tone a little to try and rid yourself of that muddy tone. for the metal and insane settings stickwith your treble pickup at with tone around 5. As for the amp settings? pray to god. but these are my settings for practice. Drive (half) Bass (7) Mid (6) Treble (8) good luck man i hope this helps. still the amp isn't all that great but you can't go wrong with a marshall for your next amp

so much fail here
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by b-allstar21

Bold... You sure about that?

EDIT: Ya beat me to it Jhachey22
Last edited by BobDetroit at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22
D0nt list3n 2 all th3s3 n00b5. the line 6 sp1d3r is teh graetst amp evur! it has liek s0oo many aw3some amp s1mulat0rs plu5 awe50m3 d1g1tal FX!!! k33p t3h amp and l3t all these n00bs st1ck w1th there crappy Mesa/n00bies and 0ther fail t00b amps.

but seriously, the serchbar is your best friend. i suggest you use it before buying anything else.

prediction is he doesn't use the searchbar: he's going to go out and buy a br00tal MT2 for the clean channel.

so much fail here

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
your amp sucks ok live with it so sell it and then buy a peavey vypyr for the same price that your spider was dont even waste your money on pedels its still going to sound crappy
Silvertone Paul Stanley SUCKS
Line 6 UX1 (Pod Farm)

COOL
They see me Trollin'.....
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Quote by RDX1138
They see me Trollin'.....

My thoughts exactly minus the god-awful rap lyric reference.

EDIT: Lol and that's coming from someone with the 120W spider III
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.