They've been out for a while now and have me very interested. I know about the other amps I could get, I just need some opinions on the Bugera. So, who all has played one? What was your general impression (Did it seem reliable? What music is it good at? What do you wish it had? Ect...)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I'm saving for a JCM 900. They sound really good through a decent cab. The problem is reliability. After you invest in some new tubes and tighten up the screws, you should be ok. And a Gold Coverage warranty never hurts. So with all that, $600 is still a pretty good deal, although I'd just look for a used JCM 900.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I played one and thought it was really fizzy, and didn't sound that great. Probably because it was a GC floor model and was probably abused by every person who DOESN'T know how to use a standby switch...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
more likely because it's just not that good of an amp and is a near copy of an amp that is fizzy to begin with?
Some tube amps (especially higher watt ones) are going to sound pretty fizzy unless you are able to crank them a lot.

I have not played a 1990, so unfortunately I can't help in that regard.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
I and a friend played thru one and we both thought it sounded great clean and O/D'd thru a Marshall 4 x 12.
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Valve Junior/Bitmo Modded
Bugera V55HD/412H-BK
Quote by al112987
more likely because it's just not that good of an amp and is a near copy of an amp that is fizzy to begin with?

This is true.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
It's a JCM 900 Dual Reverb copy. I just noticed the price drop on Windsors, I believe that's what I might get.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

The 1990 is a copy of the JCM 900 Dual Reverb, I think, which many people think is the worst JCM 900.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^Hey Raijouta, is your real name Dylan?
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

No, it's Pedro.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
No, it's Pedro.

Oh, my names Dylan, and when I saw your title I was like "awesome, someone with the same name as me that actually spells it the same as me"

Sorry, I get worked up about the stupidest things
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by al112987

+100
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I just got a marshall cab for my bugera 6260 big differance! you really cant judge the bugera heads untill you play through a good cab period! the stock cab makes your tone sound cheap.
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by Raijouta
The 1990 is a copy of the JCM 900 Dual Reverb, I think, which many people think is the worst JCM 900.

the JCM 900 dual reverb 4100(100watt) and 4500(50watt) is a good amp, but just needs some slight "tuning up" to sound great. i have the JCM 900 SL-X (super lead with an extra preamp tube and gain stage then the dual reverb) 2100(100watt). and it sounded pretty fizzy when i bought about a month and half ago, but i had a new output transformer put in it and had it modded to run 6L6s and KT66s and now it sounds fantastic..great gain. my only problem with the amp is that it only has one set of eqs shared by both channels. the 4100 dual reverb has an eq for each channel
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA