Page 1 of 2
Okay pit, I have a serious issue to address.

Ever since I was little, my mom has done stupid **** involving drugs and people that she should not hang around. This has lead to all kinds of problems in my life, too many to name of probably even think of.

Anyway, I'm almost old enough to get the hell away from here and do things on my own, but I have a seven year old sister that is still with my mom that I am worried as hell for.

I just caught my mom huffing a can of computer duster a couple days ago, and she said all kinds of stuff like "This is the first time, I just wanted to try it" and things along that line. Well, I decided to let it go because even though I knew it wasn't the first time, she might just quit because it pissed me off so bad. I was wrong though.

Her and my cousin (who is one of the people she should not be around) turned up on the news friday. He had some Oxycodone in his pockets and my mom was passed out in the passenger side, and they both had been huffing something. I just happened to read it on the internet today, she never said a word about it.

So, I'm afraid of how my little sister might grow up once I'm not here to take her of her when my mom does stupid does stupid stuff like this, and I'm afraid of how it will affect her and I don't want her to turn out like my mom.

Anyone else had any family issues like this, or have any advice as to what to do? I'd really appreciate it.
What about your father? Can you go to him for help?

If not, I really would suggest talking to child services or something along those lines. They really know how to help in these situations, where the parents aren't entirely fit to care for a child.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by TheReverend724
Child Protective Services?

x2, best choice...
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by TheReverend724

This. Get her out of there now.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Take her with you?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Get someone to get your seven year old sister the hell out of there.

Like child protective service or something.
DeVillains!
If you're turning 18 soon, can't you sue for custody of your sister and take care of her while your mom goes to rehab or something?
I guess that all of lifes problems can be solved in the pit
But seriously call child services.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by MushroomBomb
What about your father? Can you go to him for help?

If not, I really would suggest talking to child services or something along those lines. They really know how to help in these situations, where the parents aren't entirely fit to care for a child.

Well, see the thing is. We have different fathers, so she's only my half sibling, but I don't even really think about it that way. Her father is a drug dealer and a piece of ****, and if I ever see him again I'm going to knock him out.

Anyway, I really don't want to go to CPS about it. I don't want to have my little sister taken away, but I don't want her to have to grow up the same way I did. I want a way to show my mom how ****ing stupid her actions are, and that she has a child to worry about. But those things are obvious, so she should know that by now.
Get her the hell out of there, man.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
take it to court and if you think you could handle it try and get the legal guardianship of youre little sister passed to you, as your mom (no offense) doesnt appear to be fit to raise a child correctly. that said she must have done something right raising oyu to have you actually care right? no matter what though dont let the state put her in foster care because they tend to run away and then good luck finding her again. theres some weird peoople out there man. gl with ur situation though

Edit : i was raised by 9 different families over the 17 years of my life so im pretty sure i know what im talking about
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
Last edited by Mrfussytabs at Aug 30, 2009,
Child service, and ask that you take her with you.
of course making a living, studying or whatever, while taking od her won't be easy, but it worth it I think.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Nice work pit! All serious answers. I am not dissapoint.

On topic: Don't you have any relatives that can take her?
Signatures are stupid.
Quote by TheReverend724

This. Your mom might hate you for it for a while, but it seems like that woman has no business raising a child.

If you don't do it, I'm doing it.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
sue 4 custody
get your father to intervien
worst case scenario let child services know and then "adopt" her or soomthing
'09er
Quote by aaciseric

I hate you too much to be able to answer this thread properly. You misleading swine.

Quote by HeavyReverb

you dont win. f^cking 09er

Quote by emad
Morello Wannabe
Post back and I'll temporary ban you.
Quote by TheReverend724

precisely
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by metalh3ad88
If you're turning 18 soon, can't you sue for custody of your sister and take care of her while your mom goes to rehab or something?

This. Better than child services, because you never know where she'll end up.
Yah best bet is to see if you have any relatives willing to take care of her.

If not I doubt you would be able to afford it. Maybe just if she stays there make a point to show up and to do things with her to get her out of the house and such.

It sounds like your a good guy so chances are she'll grow up fine. Just be there for her if you can't find another home for her.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
any relatives? or even close friends? if a friend of mine had a problem like that my parents would help us house the little girl until we could figure something out. best of luck man, ill be thinking positive vibes for you
Quote by spooner1957
any relatives? or even close friends? if a friend of mine had a problem like that my parents would help us house the little girl until we could figure something out. best of luck man, ill be thinking positive vibes for you

Well, we're living with relatives right now, is the thing. But they hate me and want me out of the house ASAP, as well as my mom but it would be perfectly fine with them if my sister stayed here forever. My mom wants to move out as soon as she can, but she has no money, thank god. Even so, I know that as soon as she moves out her and my sister will be alone, and I'm afraid of what might happen.
There's no way you can let your sister grow up under those circumstances. Call the Child Protection Services or whatever, now is NOT THE TIME to worry about what your mother thinks / feels about the situation.

She can always return to your / her mom later and believe me, when her daughter is taken away from her she's going to question her lifestyle and hopefully change things for the better.
I'm going in;

Rambo style
Quote by Morello Wannabe
sue 4 custody
get your father to intervien
worst case scenario let child services know and then "adopt" her or soomthing

I like you and you DO win =]

On topic. this guy is smart and said what i couldnt find the words for. but i see every one suggesting child services but you dont know how they can **** up your life. I DO. all sorts of **** arises you end up going to therapy for and honestly its not worth giving your sister to child services. i thought half my life my mom didnt want me but i now know im everything to her. child services will even try to turn her on YOU if they have to.
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
Fender Mustang I 20w
Quote by TurtlesNeverDie
Okay pit, I have a serious issue to address.

Ever since I was little, my mom has done stupid **** involving drugs and people that she should not hang around. This has lead to all kinds of problems in my life, too many to name of probably even think of.

Anyway, I'm almost old enough to get the hell away from here and do things on my own, but I have a seven year old sister that is still with my mom that I am worried as hell for.

I just caught my mom huffing a can of computer duster a couple days ago, and she said all kinds of stuff like "This is the first time, I just wanted to try it" and things along that line. Well, I decided to let it go because even though I knew it wasn't the first time, she might just quit because it pissed me off so bad. I was wrong though.

Her and my cousin (who is one of the people she should not be around) turned up on the news friday. He had some Oxycodone in his pockets and my mom was passed out in the passenger side, and they both had been huffing something. I just happened to read it on the internet today, she never said a word about it.

So, I'm afraid of how my little sister might grow up once I'm not here to take her of her when my mom does stupid does stupid stuff like this, and I'm afraid of how it will affect her and I don't want her to turn out like my mom.

Anyone else had any family issues like this, or have any advice as to what to do? I'd really appreciate it.

Do you have good a dad or grandparents that could watch after your sister? Because you need to call DSS. You're mom is not in a right state to look after your sister.

I wouldn't recommend you watching her either because you need to get yourself to a place that will get you above all the problems your mom has. (College) If you have to watch your sister, you won't have time to do that.

Talk to family friends and relatives and call DSS and get your sister help. You should also get your mom help if you can.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

If I were you, I would take her with me, since relatives seems to be out of the equation.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
you could probaly get custody pretty easy if all you say is true. But then what does an 18yr old know about raising a child? Youd probaly get some money from the state though.

id see if you have any relatives that wouldnt mind helping. I wouldnt let her go anywhere near any government funded program.
trying to piece his 2 and 2 together
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Do you have good a dad or grandparents that could watch after your sister? Because you need to call DSS. You're mom is not in a right state to look after your sister.

I wouldn't recommend you watching her either because you need to get yourself to a place that will get you above all the problems your mom has. (College) If you have to watch your sister, you won't have time to do that.

Talk to family friends and relatives and call DSS and get your sister help. You should also get your mom help if you can.

I know I can't simply take her with me. I might not be going to college, which means I might have to work full time pretty soon and I can't just dump my sister on a friend during the day or something.

My mom isn't going to change I don't think. She never tried to change through out the seventeen years I've been around. But I at least want to try. I know she loves us, but I don't think she gets the fact that the stuff she does that she doesn't want us to know about does in fact, affect us.
child services
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by TurtlesNeverDie
I know I can't simply take her with me. I might not be going to college, which means I might have to work full time pretty soon and I can't just dump my sister on a friend during the day or something.

My mom isn't going to change I don't think. She never tried to change through out the seventeen years I've been around. But I at least want to try. I know she loves us, but I don't think she gets the fact that the stuff she does that she doesn't want us to know about does in fact, affect us.

Might sound stupid but, have you already confronted her with this? That it affects you and your sister?

I really don't know what to say, since child service seems to be a bunch of a-holes and relatives is out of the question, maybe you can find yourself a good (close in your town) family that is willing to take your sister in? So they can look after her, and you can visit her.

I hope it will turn out good for you and your sister!
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by TheReverend724

This. Call them, tell them, they can help you/do something about it.

EDIT: (after reading some more of the thread)

Quote by TurtlesNeverDie

If I were you, I would go to college, to get your mind off the things, try and get education on whatever you're interested in. But also, Call child services to help your sister as obviously she is not going to be very well influenced by your mother.
Last edited by Rancid Ivy at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Might sound stupid but, have you already confronted her with this? That it affects you and your sister?

I really don't know what to say, since child service seems to be a bunch of a-holes and relatives is out of the question, maybe you can find yourself a good (close in your town) family that is willing to take your sister in? So they can look after her, and you can visit her.

I hope it will turn out good for you and your sister!

Thanks, I appreciate the advice, from you and everyone else. The answers to my questions may be obvious to you guys, but I realize that the way I have been handling this type of thing my whole life may not be the most logical way of doing it. I think I'll talk to my mother about it, first of all, then I don't know what's next.
glad to see everything we sed helpeded you out =]

The Pit Loves Chuu!
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
Fender Mustang I 20w
Your location makes this story seem realistic.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
The people who said Child Protection Services are correct. Do this. Do this now.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
If relatives are out of the question, I'd recommend having a heart-to-heart with your mom. You shouldn't have to raise her yourself, it's more responsibility than you really should have to deal with at your age. If your mom isn't helpful, then CPS might be your best bet, even though I realize that it's not ideal.
Quote by TheReverend724

This, TS it's going to be emotionally trying to do that to your mother but it's the best and only thing you can do. Your mom clearly has a problem and I would suggest you have an intervention, she really needs to get help especially with two kids in her life (although you're technically not a child you get the point) and even more so with a 7 year old child in her life. I really hope that things work out for you man and I truly am sorry about your mom's condition and if you need to talk about anything feel free to send me a PM with any problem dude especially on the topic of your mom because my mom had a problem with drugs too so I know how that can affect people.
I'm impressed, Pit

SHEdit: Also, if you need emotional support, check the Hugging Thread.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 2