ok so i recently switched string gauges on my strat from 9s to 10's and i think this may be the root of the problem im going to try and explain...

ok so since i changed strings the bridge has been raised in the back, like the strings are pulling it out more.
so now when i use the tremolo bar its rocks about the same distance forward as it does back, which it should only be able to go back a little and forward the majority of the way.
however the thing that also really concerns/annoys me is that when i am resting my picking hand on the bridge and playing it makes the notes tremolo just from the movement of my hand picking the strings, especially if i am picking rapidly.

so just for example if i was playing a riff like the one in the song 'snow' by the red hot chili peppers, it would sound like i was pushing the tremolo bar back and forward a bit while i played, which is very annoying

my hand resting on the bridge pushes it down i guess is kinda whta it does know.

so sorry for the long spiel

but any help on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.

and my guitar is an american standard strat
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Adding another spring to the bridge should fix that problem. Simply screw open the back and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Tighten the springs on the back so that the bridge is in a position almost parallel to the body( or however u feel more comftorbal with it....
You need to adjust the spring claw in the back of the guitar to compensate for the added tension. You could add another spring too, but going from 9's to 10's you should be able to make up for it with the claw (assuming there's three springs in there now). To pull the bridge down, you need to tighten the claw screws further into the body.

Not alot of fun if it's your first time doing this, btw. It will take a few adjustments to get it to the oint you want it.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Your problem is you bought a strat.
"What do you mean I don't support your system?"
...and then he has an album called "The System Has Failed"
Get your guitar setup man...
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Vulturus Rhythm

I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that....a strat didn't become one of the greatest and most played guitars ever if it sucked...
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Vulturus Rhythm

yea, uhhh... probably not

but thnks to people that had something constructive to say, it really helped, i should be able to get this figured out now.
thank you!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by Vulturus Rhythm

That was below the belt man. Also very unhelpful and immature.

I've never really had a problem going from .9's to .10 with mine, but like the above poster said, try tightening the spring claw, if that doesnt fix it add a spring, their like $3 at any guitar store.
You don't need to add another spring, that will be overkill.

Open up the back of the guitar and with a suitable screwdriver, simply tighten the spring claw (the piece of bent metal that is screwed into the body opposite the bridge and that the springs are attached to) a little bit. Probably only need to screw it in half a centimetre, if that. It's best if you slightly down-tune the high E and B strings first, as sometimes if they're kept at full tension while you adjust the bridge, if you increase the spring tension too much you can snap one of the thinner strings. Doesn't happen often but there's no need to take the risk, just detune those two strings while you're making the adjustment. Screw the spring claw in until the back of the bridge plate is touching the top of the body again, then put the back cover back on, re-tune the guitar and you're ready to go.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You don't need to add another spring, that will be overkill.

Open up the back of the guitar and with a suitable screwdriver, simply tighten the spring claw (the piece of bent metal that is screwed into the body opposite the bridge and that the springs are attached to) a little bit. Probably only need to screw it in half a centimetre, if that. It's best if you slightly down-tune the high E and B strings first, as sometimes if they're kept at full tension while you adjust the bridge, if you increase the spring tension too much you can snap one of the thinner strings. Doesn't happen often but there's no need to take the risk, just detune those two strings while you're making the adjustment. Screw the spring claw in until the back of the bridge plate is touching the top of the body again, then put the back cover back on, re-tune the guitar and you're ready to go.

yea i wasnt planning on buying another spring. i just took the cover off the back. ill take your advice on detuning the e and b. thnks for helping me be sure on the spring claw lol
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab