Whether you get them to fit in the mix well or not, they're still going to sound mechanical. it sounds to me like all of the hits are the same velocity. get in there and make it sound it more human, and it might sound better. Unless you're going for that machine gun, obviously fake thing. I personally hate that.

and I'm sorry but I just think the EZD snare sounds thin and lifeless. I've used it before too in a mix and I've gotten much better results just using free samples I found around the net. I think a lot of them were from the sneap forum actually.
A bit thin, and the crashes sound horrible. I suggest you go through and make subtle little changes to velocity levels to make it sound a little more human.

Also, with EZDrummer I've found it helps to lower the velocities on the cymbals and snare - once they get past about 100 or so it all sounds really unnatural and compressed.
I can't believe anyone would even consider seriously using Ezdrummer anymore.
S2.0 or AD or slate sounds better totally raw then ezdrummer does with any amount of processing.
Quote by Dream Pin
S2.0 or AD or slate sounds better totally raw then ezdrummer does with any amount of processing.

EZdrummer still sounds very good when mixed with a finished song. I don't see what is wrong with the snare drum as well, it sounds like a snare drum.
I hate the snare sound from EZ. I honestly think a few of the FLstudio preset snares sound better.

The only time I've ever heard EZdrummer work "decent" in a mix was on the ziltoid album. But even the the snare is annoying.
Quote by Dream Pin

i agree with the superior drummer, but for some reason ive never really liked addictive drums much. id actually take the drum kit from hell then addictive drums (but thats jsut me)
They don't sound awesome to me.

However, they do work because (from the short bit I listened to) of the super tight guitar playing.

IMO: EZdrummer sounds crap with alot of stuff, it sounds ok with djent.
Last edited by seanington at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by muckypup
But would everyone say that the drum sound on Meshuggah's Catch 33 is rubbish? Because they used the DFH on that album and it sounds awesome.

yea i have that album and it sounds pretty damn good in it. it also sounds good in Ziltoid (as someone said previously) drum kit from hell in a mix isnt as bad as everyone thinks, although superior/metal foundry i feel like crying from the realism.
Me thinks you need to accept that not everyone finds it awesome. use it if you want, and use it the best you can. but dont try to change people's minds when they give you their opinion, which is what you asked for.