Could I have bent or done something to the neck of my new guitar by using the whammy bar? I think I might have divebombed too low or something :/ I'm noticing buzz on low frets on the lowest few strings, although it's not much and it might have been there before... I'm probably just imagining theres a problem with it, or I hope I am. It's got an edge zero tremolo, and it didnt go out of tune afterwards so does that mean I couldnt have done something bad? I just got really worried and started adjusting things afterwards so thats probably whats given me a little more buzz... or it might be no more buzz than before but im imagining it... Is there any way I can tell? I'm like a guitar hypochondriac or something...
It probably just needs to be set up and have the truss rod adjusted.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
the buzz could be the springs for the trem vibrating because of resonance or dirt under the strings that's hitting against something (metal rods etc.)
other than that its just loose parts i can think of from the top of my head
Good luck
Quote by Vauxite
What exactly did you "adjust"?

The stud bolts that adjust string height, and the adjustment knob on the back of the guitar that adjusts the spring tension or something, I thought the trem was slightly unlevel.
Quote by OllieH
The stud bolts that adjust string height, and the adjustment knob on the back of the guitar that adjusts the spring tension or something, I thought the trem was slightly unlevel.

when you adjusted the height, did you go up or down? too low of an action can cause buzzing.
Quote by JohnnyChimpo241
when you adjusted the height, did you go up or down? too low of an action can cause buzzing.

I only adjusted the one that changes the height of the lowest strings, and i went up so it was higher, and i think i went rather far, so then after more fiddling i put it back down again, but i have no idea where it was when i started, so i might be lower or higher.....
hmm. have you tried to play it on other amps? maybe its your amp. or if you play in front of your computer, looking at a tab or whatever, the screen can cause buzzing too. idk, just trying to rule out any other possibilities.
Im not plugged into an amp, so its not the amp.. theres not much buzzing really, its mainly on the 5th string
firstly whenever you adjust anything on a guitar do it in 1/4 turn increments that way you know how far things have moved(that`s the telling off out of the way)

`cos it`s a edge zero it`s a prestige neck (right)

you won`t of adjusted the trem angle unless you turned the screws in the back or dropped the tuning.

check the action as indicated in the ibanez prestige manual that you got with the guitar (didn`t get 1 = shoot the dealer) or go to this link

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/manual/guitars/prestige2008.pdf

check the neck as jj165 would say "capo the 1st fret and fret the las fret (or you could fret the 15 as this is where the truss rod ends) and see if you can slide a credit card between the bottom of the strings and the top of the fret"

if you can do this the neck is fine (slightly bowed correctly)

also have a look here loads of useful info

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
firstly whenever you adjust anything on a guitar do it in 1/4 turn increments that way you know how far things have moved(that`s the telling off out of the way)

`cos it`s a edge zero it`s a prestige neck (right)

you won`t of adjusted the trem angle unless you turned the screws in the back or dropped the tuning.

check the action as indicated in the ibanez prestige manual that you got with the guitar (didn`t get 1 = shoot the dealer) or go to this link

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/manual/guitars/prestige2008.pdf

check the neck as jj165 would say "capo the 1st fret and fret the las fret (or you could fret the 15 as this is where the truss rod ends) and see if you can slide a credit card between the bottom of the strings and the top of the fret"

if you can do this the neck is fine (slightly bowed correctly)

also have a look here loads of useful info

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

Thanks for the help, I guess my neck is okay then, i can do that and yes I did drop the tuning... I put it in dropped C.. Itll help if I get thicker strings wont it? And I dont think ive damaged the guitar, probably just slightly adjusted something, and only just noticed the buzz since i dropped the tuning.. I tend to notice small things suddenly then get really scared about them :P Where can I get it properly set up in england, and how much does it usually cost?
You can't bend a guitar neck by using the vibrato. You just need to set up your guitar. Every guitarist or bassist should know how to do this so go and buy a copy of Dan Erlewine's "How To Make Your Electric Guitar Play Great" Book and read it, It will get you started. I had the book for months and didn't read it but once I did I made a few simple adjustments to my guitars and and they sounded a LOT better. You NEED to know how to set them up, It is like re stringing your guitar. You need to know it.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by OllieH
Thanks for the help, I guess my neck is okay then, i can do that and yes I did drop the tuning... I put it in dropped C.. Itll help if I get thicker strings wont it? And I dont think ive damaged the guitar, probably just slightly adjusted something, and only just noticed the buzz since i dropped the tuning.. I tend to notice small things suddenly then get really scared about them :P Where can I get it properly set up in england, and how much does it usually cost?

I use Gaz at soundsgreat in heald green, manchester(he knows his stuff)...

http://www.soundsgreatmusic.com/electric_guitars/guitar_repairs.asp