So I picked up an LTD EC400AT used a while back. It's nice, but the tone and a volume pot made noise when moving them. So I opened her up and took off the knobs to find this:

A Gibson volume pot? Any reason why exactly someone would replace the stock ones? Is there really a benefit? Apparently not a worth one, because upon removing the knob I realized that the head prong broke off, so now the knob can't tighten on to anything. The pressure of the screw was keeping it together.

So now I need to know what to do. I'm in a small town, and they have a guitar shop where I can probably buy a new tone pot and have work done it needed. I'm on campus and have no way to get a soldering iron myself. What would be the estimated price to have that replaced and fixed?

EDIT: No sound from the bridge pickup. This could be a problem.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Aug 30, 2009,
I cant imagine it to be alot. I cant tell you because i am from the UK, if it helps, £20 at most (From a very expensive tech) im sorry if this was no help to you.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
^you mean £20 from a very inexpensive tech. There is no way you'd get it done that cheap, including parts.

Are you sure you couldn't get a soldering iron? Are the problems a)bridge pickup is silent b)tone knob crackles etc c) now tone knob shaft is broken. You could get a soldering iron and pot off the internet pretty cheap (for the iron check radioshacks website or something) for probably less than it costs a tech to fix it. The switch may be bad too, or the bridge pickup just has a fawlty connection to it.
Thanks for reading the part of my post where I said I couldn't get a soldering iron.

I loosened the nut around that knob and now we have bridge sound. Something pinched?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Aug 30, 2009,
So why can't you get a soldering iron?

And it's going to cost about 50 bucks.

/thread.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Thanks for reading the part of my post where I said I couldn't get a soldering iron.

I loosened the nut around that knob and now we have bridge sound. Something pinched?

And I asked why you couldn't. I even suggested the internet. So don't you try and say I didn't read your post, because I did. It sounds to me like you're ignoring the help.
I was expecting something else when I saw the name of the thread and opened, never mind . . . . . . . lol