I've been wanting to save up for a cool new guitar for a while now and always had a fancy for a flying V. I was recently looking at some trying to find one that had the things my other guitars don't, namely a floyd rose and 24 frets but I haven't had much luck finding a v that is classy looking like the original gibson.
I saw some pictures of K K downing playing a flying v and I noticed it had all the qualities I wanted in a guitar and more, 24 frets, maple fretboard and a floyd rose.
After looking around I found out it was a hamer guitar but I haven't had much luck in finding ones available.
So my question for you is, can you help me a find a Flying V with some or all of the qualities listed here?
-24 frets
- Floyd rose
- Classic V look

These are the most important features but its would be nice if they also had these:
- maple fretboard
- Emgs

thanks
try ebay, or get a jackson RR24, it's not the exact same v shape as a gibson flying v, but it has a floyd rose and EMG's
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
The Schecter V-1 Classic has the Gibson look but no FR...
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by Pac_man0123
The only V i can think of that looks most similar to a gibson is a Dean and i'm not sure if they have 24 frets or a floyd...

Yeah I can't think of any Vs that are classic that have these specs except dean,but it won't have a classic head stock like a gibson....
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
I was looking at those jackson randy roads but they only come with one pickup ( the ones with the maple fretboard) but really I guess I just want a metal guitar with a maple fretboard and floyd, I'm just so used to my maple strat. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into them.
im not a fan of the V. i would be if i could play them sitting down but its impossible. id go for an ESP LTD =D
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
im not a fan of the V. i would be if i could play them sitting down but its impossible. id go for an ESP LTD =D

Lies.

Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by diceksox1809

you're kidding?... V's are waaay more confortable to play sitting down (classical guitar style) than other shapes... (disclaimer: i dont like the V shape)