so i have 220 $ looking for new amp and i'm hopeing to sell my current crate GT15 for like 40bux and i was wondering if i should save up and get the peavey vypyr 75watt or is the 30 watt loud enough for a drummer
i'm not gigging and how is the tone on the vypyr series?

anyother amp suggestions is welcomed thanks
Quote by LazyBum
Peavey Valveking 112

/thread?

I'm considering getting one right now. Modelling amps are good and all but they just do everything in mediocrity. I'd rather have something that just sounds kickass all the time and pay for pedals and shizz after
I have a 15 watt vypyr and it's amazing. It's a really loud amp, big selection of effects and styles. It has 3 Eq's Low, Mid and High and two gains. It goes up to Freakin' 13! (in volume) I've never had to turn it up past 2 (volume) in my bedroom, and I've never been gigging but it'll be loud enough.
I have the vypyr 75 and it's awesome. Kicks the crap out of my old crate 10w. Lol

So, for the pro's:

the bigger one has the most flexibility in tones and effects. I don't remember what exactly the lower watt ones don't have, but I research things for weeks before I buy them. So, please trust me. The 75 is worth it.

And I have the post gain on at 3 (out of 7) and volume on 8 (out of 13) and still out drummer gets over me sometimes. It has wayyy more sound than what I use, but I'm not trying to blow the speaker. So, at ^^ those settings I find the amp is the most comfortably loud.

I would imagine the 30 would leave you maxing out all the volume you can. And that's bad for the amp.
oh okay thx for all the info
well i dont really need to know about the setting on the vypyr as i have been
researching these amps like crazy
but the sponge knob or w.e on 75watt what is it used for is it worth it?
becasue i mean i dont need anyhting awesome i just need something decent that will last atleast a year
Quote by LazyBum
Peavey Valveking 112

/thread?

i dont want to get a tube becasue
i heard they are expensive
rite now i just need a amp to have fun with and experiment diffrent things
tubes come when i can acuttly gig around
and plus i ahve like no money coming in
Quote by Aashraya
i dont want to get a tube becasue
i heard they are expensive
rite now i just need a amp to have fun with and experiment diffrent things
tubes come when i can acuttly gig around
and plus i ahve like no money coming in

If you don't want to go with a tube, then the Vypyr will suffice your want for "experimenting", honestly the 30 should be good enough if your drummer is crazy, the only useful features the 75 has that the 30 doesnt is a powersponge and a USB out.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by Aashraya
so i have 220 $ looking for new amp and i'm hopeing to sell my current crate GT15 for like 40bux and i was wondering if i should save up and get the peavey vypyr 75watt or is the 30 watt loud enough for a drummer
i'm not gigging and how is the tone on the vypyr series?

anyother amp suggestions is welcomed thanks

I have a 30 and it kicks all forms of ass!! My friend had the 75 and the only thing different with that one is the Surge setting or whatever it's called (can't remeber)

Either way, you're going to want to get a Sanpera pedal. Depnding on how you play-if you're in a band or not-you'll want a pedal-trust me-it'll save you so much money on pedals!

I personally would go with the 30. It's specifically designed to be a studio amp, so it's got good real good quality with speaker

Hope this helps, man!
im hoping to get a peavey vypyr 30 watt very soon it sounds amazing
Silvertone Paul Stanley SUCKS
Line 6 UX1 (Pod Farm)

COOL
so anymore thoughts?
should i just stick with the 30 watt or should i save up and just get 75watt
casue after this amp i'm thinking of getting a nice tube amp
so is it really worth getting 75watt for mostly practice and some playing with friends?
ah thank you guys all your thought are helping
i'm probly going to go with a 30watt
but why is the foot pedal (sanpera) necessary?
casue its like a extra 100 dollars which i cant aford
Quote by Aashraya
so anymore thoughts?
should i just stick with the 30 watt or should i save up and just get 75watt
casue after this amp i'm thinking of getting a nice tube amp
so is it really worth getting 75watt for mostly practice and some playing with friends?

If thats the case get the 30, like I said the higher watt version just has a powersponge (which emulates tube breakup at lower levels) and USB out for recording.
Quote by Aashraya
ah thank you guys all your thought are helping
i'm probly going to go with a 30watt
but why is the foot pedal (sanpera) necessary?
casue its like a extra 100 dollars which i cant aford

The Sanpera I allows you to switch between channels, for example from a clean channel to a distortion channel. The expression can be used as a volume, wah, or pitch shifter, and it allows you to create a 30 second or less loop.
yea i know what it does but
is it like a must becasue i mean
i dont really want to spend a extra 100 dollar
i guess when i get the amp i'll see if it needs the foot switch
is there any other replacement for the footswtich thats cheaper?
Stop bumping your thread so much, you'll get it closed and probably receive a warning.

You MUST buy the Sanpera for the Vypyr. And I'd highly suggest you get it for switching channels and controlling the effects and whatnot.

If my 30w SS amp can get over drums, the Vypyr can. If you're having trouble, tell the drummer to settle the volume down a bit.
alright thanks and what does bumping your thread mean?
i'm new to forums dont know alot of things