So I was browsing my local CL and came across this.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/msg/1342473418.html

It seems very boutique, and I was interested. Would you guys recommend Pignose amps? Im just a bedroom musician, but this apparently has potential to play small clubs. I would like an amp with good cleans and light, Pearl Jam-esque overdrive. Do you think this would be right?

I play an Ibanez JS100. Yes the guitar fits the style. I make the guitar fit.
there is nothing boutique about it, they used to tell them in MF for ~$300 or so.
Just because it is on MF doesn't make it bad, this other guy has never tried one.
They are decent amps, nothing really special but the cleans are sweet and jangly. Not really great for anything but blues IMO.
Only thing I know Pignose for making is a small belt clip size'ish amp that has a pig's nose as the volume knob......it's good enough for things like practicing in a room or very small gigs, but getting into a bigger Pignose amp IMO is not wise. I can't imagine it's the greatest amp
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by ticklemeemo
Just because it is on MF doesn't make it bad, this other guy has never tried one.
They are decent amps, nothing really special but the cleans are sweet and jangly. Not really great for anything but blues IMO.
nice job putting words in my mouth. when did I say that anything that was on MF was bad? I just said they're not boutique amps. Marshalls are not boutique amps either and are sold in MF.
Quote by dudey5691
^I agree.

I was going to purchase it, but after all the hubbub its really a limited amplifier.
What's your budget?

And Al, I think his post was in response to TS's "it must not be that good of amp then?" statement. He wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

Oh ok great, just as long as were clear.

My budget is preferably in the range of 400-500, but can stretch to 600 if necessary.