Hey guys, I've got a tiny terror and i love the tone i get out of it! only problem is it has no eq, so i would like to get a eq pedal to tighten up the bottom end, and add more bass for palm muting and make the bottom end more punchy etc.

first of all, will a eq pedal solve my issues or do i need a boost pedal? are there any good eq and boost pedals out there in the market?

if not can someone recomend me a good eq pedal that is not noisy and actually has usuable frequencies for guitar?so far ive only herd good reviews about boss eq20 and mxr 10 band, are these ones any good?

Thanks guys
MXR 10 band all the way, it also has a level slider you can use to boost the amp.
WTLTL 2011
I'm gonna second the MXR 10 band.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
^ if you can't afford the 10 band then the Boss GE-7 is a pretty good one. Or if you'd like to go cheaper then that then the Dano Fish n' Chips is brilliant for the price.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Aug 30, 2009,
thanks for the replies guys, ive herd the boss is a little noisy is this true?

i like the idea of the artec as i was going to get a in line tuner as well, how does the eq compare to mxr?

thanks
yup mxr 10 band ftw
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by my03
Hey guys, I've got a tiny terror and i love the tone i get out of it! only problem is it has no eq, so i would like to get a eq pedal to tighten up the bottom end, and add more bass for palm muting and make the bottom end more punchy etc.

It's all very well you getting an EQ pedal, but you should also learn something about EQ. Tightening up the bottom end is done by removing low frequencies, so the amp feels like it responds quicker. It's better for palm muting because the sound doesn't turn into a sludgey, boomy mess. Also, boost the mids (800-1200 Hz).

I wanted to get a boss EQ20 but they are discontinued . The MXR-10 band is probably the next best pedal, but a paragraphic rack EQ would be much better quality (even a behringer one). However, you would need to put a DI box (or similar) in front of any piece of equipment intended for studio use (such as the rack EQs)
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
MXR 10 band and if you can't afford it...........keep saving it's that good!
I think you're better off with a boost since the TT doesn't have an FX loop.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by my03
thanks for the replies guys, ive herd the boss is a little noisy is this true?

i like the idea of the artec as i was going to get a in line tuner as well, how does the eq compare to mxr?

thanks

my experience with all boss pedals is that they are noisy and the thin down your tone

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

mxr! dont skimp on tone.
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by timzee117
my experience with all boss pedals is that they are noisy and the thin down your tone

A few of the Boss' I've used were noisey, some more than others.

If that's an issue for OP then he should probably invest in a noise gate anyway, but I'm not positive how much those run for these days.

But the MXR seems the way to go, but first you should learn how to use it. They come with manuals and you can find tons of EQ info everywheres on the interbutts. Or you could fiddle with it till it sounds good, whatever.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by timzee117
I agree. Selling my ME-50 though, so stfu. Really, I would rather just not have delay and modulation with it, I want some dedicated pedals

MR 6-band eq wouls just be an eq, thats what I am getting within the month.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."